Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introducing The Mighty Meteor! 997.1 Turbo Manual

basildon993

As I have now owned my Turbo for nearly a year I thought it was about time I introduced it to the forum. :D

It is an 07 car with the proper gearbox! :wink: And last month it went through the 50,000 mile barrier. :eek:

I am keeping the mods subtle and 'factory' look. So far I have fitted H&R lowering springs, spacers 9mm front and 15mm rear, Eibach uprated antiroll bars front and rear, an el cheapo SSK, led interior bulbs sidelights and side repeaters bulbs, Dectane rear lights, front mesh grill inserts and a BMC air filter. I've also upgraded the sat nav maps.

The car is well optioned and came with the front spoiler, side skirts and rear bumper lower lip colour coded from new and which I really like! :thumbs:

Future plans will be a thicker steering wheel, body colour painted centre console, Kline exhaust and a remap.

Looks great.relly like the lower stance and coloured kit.

Pretty car.

Gen 2 wheels make a massive difference to the looks :thumb:

Looking good! 50,000 miles, you need to get out more :) Did you notice any betterment from the BMC Air Filter?
Definitely put an exhaust system on it and possibly change engine mounts to RSS or similar too :thumb:

DaveH911 said:
Looking good! 50,000 miles, you need to get out more :) Did you notice any betterment from the BMC Air Filter?
Definitely put an exhaust system on it and possibly change engine mounts to RSS or similar too :thumb:

No difference noted with the BMC filter! And yes, I should add engine mounts to the list. :)

It is my daily and I do around 4-5k a year so the mileage won't build too quickly.

Looks lovely. The fastest colour too, I am not biased at all.

I am tempted to lower the car too, does its scrape over humps etc?

Great looking car, I would not change too much more looks wise.

Looks ace! But I would say that cos it looks a bit like mine. Well, quite a lot like mine actually.
Nice last line wrote there too. I think Felix at Kline was trying to sell a 997.1 turbo system off recently. Might be worth an enquiry if you're interested.

Lovely looking car, getting the height and stance right is all important to how these cars look :thumb:

Very similar car to mine, Meteor, factory SSK, painted skirts/lip/valance etc.

I had a mild remap soon after I bought it 8 years ago and exhaust shortly after that.

Mine is staying standard height, my slightly inclined driveway and a few bumps around my area put paid to that.

That's a sweet looking Turbo, love the colour 8)

Very nice indeed. :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back