Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSM 3 UPDATE

I'm on 2.24 with the 2017 maps.

I was informed the maps were last year 2016.

I haven't had chance to have a play with it yet. I've drove it to Stockport using the Satnav yesterday. It was fab to put in the 7 digit postcode and drive. That version for the 997.2 was cr@p, even I used a TomTom Satnav. I just gave up using it because trying to input a destination was a exam test.

It was updated last week so which ever version it is, is the latest one. As OPC had to get some sort of code from Germany to be able to conduct the update. Which I thought was a gobbledygook, but it turns out that it's true, a code of some sort against the vehicle info has to be obtained. Crazy Germans!!!

MNC911 said:
I was informed the maps were last year 2016.

I haven't had chance to have a play with it yet. I've drove it to Stockport using the Satnav yesterday. It was fab to put in the 7 digit postcode and drive. That version for the 997.2 was cr@p, even I used a TomTom Satnav. I just gave up using it because trying to input a destination was a exam test.

It was updated last week so which ever version it is, is the latest one. As OPC had to get some sort of code from Germany to be able to conduct the update. Which I thought was a gobbledygook, but it turns out that it's true, a code of some sort against the vehicle info has to be obtained. Crazy Germans!!!

Would you be able to confirm which version was used? If it is 2016, I may be tempted to have it done before this year's Euro trip.

997man said:
I would love to have my 2009 car updated but I just can't justify the cost over a good portable SatNav.

They must be able to carry out the upgrade for less than the £180 I have been quoted by Leeds OPC

Up to £100 and I'd be OK

I was quoted £360 from JTC600 Newcastle :(

Fed said:
Doesn't PCM 3.1 also give you 7 digit postcodes? Could be worth the upgrade cost just for that.

(as said 2.24 gives you 7 digit postcodes)

I don't believe our Gen2 cars can go beyond PCM3.0?

Shames as I think the 991 PCM3.1 cars get BT streaming etc...?

PCM 3 is the the hardware, don't think a 3.1 would work with the cars systems.

When I booked mine in they told me the 2017 maps were out soon, so I should wait 3 weeks for OPC Portsmouth to get the new disks from Stuttgart.

I use it every day and so far its been fine.
I'm driving to Monaco on Tuesday for the GP, and I've already put all the hotels, Stelvio Pass, etc in it ready for the trip.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back