Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Still looking for a 996

Brucey1

I'm still on the hunt for a manual 996 , ideally I want a 3.6 but I spotted a nice 3.4 with full gt3 kit at the weekend . It's in a garage in Paisley called f1 cars it had a load of history with it but it's had 11 owners and the last guy only kept it 6 months .
I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if anybody recognised the car on here ? The last owner was from Bishopton in Renfrewshire .

Attachments

• img_0873_143.png
    img_0873_143.png
    985 KB · Views: 6,544
  • img_0874_364.png
    img_0874_364.png
    875 KB · Views: 6,544
Don't recognise the car but there's a decent selection of manual 996.2's on AT at the moment?

That looks lovely. Not many black 911s with the aerokit so if the car condition and drive reflects the history i would not worry too much about how long the previous owner had the car.

Might be selling my 2003 C2 Manual 3.6 with sun roof delete. Blue with black interior. Depends whether I buy something else tomorrow!

Will let you know.

TJW964 said:
Might be selling my 2003 C2 Manual 3.6 with sun roof delete. Blue with black interior. Depends whether I buy something else tomorrow!

Will let you know.

Could be interested in yr Turbo is you're letting that go :grin:

OP - black 996.1 with aero looks lovely :thumb:

Obviously I may be a little biased but it looks good to me :thumb:
And if it drives as it should it would definitely make my shortlist

Getting intense pressure from the Mrs for a new kitchen so mine may be up for sale shortly :sad:

Thread here if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer big 25 , looks a nice car but it's got to many mods for me , I don't mind a gt3 factory kit and a sports exhaust but that's about it 😃
I will have to get my finger out and get my own car sold too , so if the right car comes up I've got the funds in place .
I'm now thinking it may be better to wait for a car that's had a rebuild .

Looks good, I wouldn't let the number of owners put you off. Porsches change hands often and when they do each one spends ££££ on repairs etc.

thebig25 said:
Getting intense pressure from the Mrs for a new kitchen so mine may be up for sale shortly :sad:

I quite like what you done barring the seats. What would you ask for it?

Bund said:
thebig25 said:

I quite like what you done barring the seats. What would you ask for it?

Seats are an easy 20 minute swap back to standard hardbacks, but I will say that these are fabulous to drive in, and far more comfortable.

In regard to price this has all come a bit out of the blue so have not been watching the market and am a bit out of touch with prices. Am looking across the various sale sites to get a feel and will put up an advert shortly, but it won't be really cheap! Pm me, or catch me at Beaulieu, if you have any questions. :thumb:

There have been plenty of cars available lately. Definitely more than this time last year.

You simply have to have your current car sold though or there's no way you'll be able to act quickly enough if your perfect spec car comes up.
Good, sub 90k miles, C2 manuals go within a week or two if anywhere near £12k-£13k. Add a grand or two to that for an aerokitted car. If it's a proper enthusiast owned car and has had suspension, rads, condensers, wheel refurb, tyres etc etc then you can add £3k easy.

When I was looking I'd be scouring the classifieds all week and anything remotely near my desired spec would be getting a visit from me the very next Saturday.

Good luck with your search. :thumb:

Remember 4's, tips and cabs are still nice cars but they'll never be the model buyers are knocking down your door for, so if it's a C2 you want, then be patient and wait for a C2.

You can always add an Aerokit, but you can't convert a C4 to a C2. Well you could but it would cost a bit and devalue the car. Just my 2p.

Marky911 said:
You can always add an Aerokit, but you can't convert a C4 to a C2. Well you could but it would cost a bit and devalue the car. Just my 2p.

You can convert a C4 to a C2 for probably a lot less than sourcing, fitting and painting an aerokit. Then you get the benefit of the stiffer C4 shell as used in the GT3!

Does a C2 without an LSD drive better than a C4? (Trick question - I think the answer is it's a matter of opinion).

I agree with your market and price analysis. Succinctly and accurately put.

Afternoon Grifter,
Yes I know what you mean. You can pull the parts off a C4 that make it AWD for free, which is a lot less than an Aerokit for a C2, but that's where the devaluing part comes in. You'd be left with a Frankenstein car. You could always revert to standard come sale time but I'd rather just be patient and wait for a C2 in the first place, if a C2 is what I wanted.
It isn't important to everyone though that's why I mentioned it. My main point is know which models/spec you'd pounce on and be ready to act fast. Looking at 996.1s and 2s, C4s and C2s and having a car to sell is a bit vague for acting quickly. ;)

Whether a C2 with no LSD drives nicer than a 4 is subjective. I think it is. Although the front drive only really comes into play on a C4 when required, the weight of the front shafts and diff still slightly take the edge off the steering/front end feel. Not enough to bother most people, most of the time to be fair, but I like RWD and it's less to go wrong and inevitably Coupe, manual C2s are always the best sellers if you ever needed to sell it.

:thumb:

Converting a C4 would not get you the larger Frunk that I find so useful for a day to day car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back