Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1994 MY immobiliser (immobilizer) question

pietrzj

All,

I have had my car for two years and this has always been the situation:

1. The remote icon lamp in the clock has never lit (even on the bulb check)
2. The alarm & central locking apear to work ok (its got the H&P system PA1000 I think).
3. After I disconnect & reconnect the main battery and lock it for the first time I get a high pitched bleep (maybe two I can't remember). The bleep never happens for any subsequent locks/unlocks.
4. The radio alarm contact wire has not been connected to the radio cage at any time (and as I said I never get a bleep when I lock the car)
5. There are no door/glove/boot/bonnet switches open to cause the bleep.
6. I have never had to use the little usb type remote to plug into the dash
7. I always lock and unlock the car with the remote
8. I have checked the bulb in the clock and tested the circuit within the clock
9. The Bentley "haynes" manual suggests this remote/immobaliser/code lock lamp (bulb 4) is not used on this MY but is used on the later ones.

So, how do I know if the immobiliser is working at all AND if I ever had a problem and had to re-enter the code, it would not be possible as the lamp in the clock displays the number of times you click the key, so without it you don't know if you have done the right amount of clicks.

Anyone else out there with a 1994 car that has this same situation or better still, anyone with a 1994 that works like the owners manual suggests (i.e works as expected).

JanP

Almost all UK cars had an aftermarket H&P immobilizer system fitted by either the dealers or in the factory. The UK guys would know more about this, but I guess this was done to comply with UK Insurance policies.
This is not the Porsche Drive Block immobilizer system, and the dashboard lamp is not used by this system.

The '94 models with original Porsche Drive Block system do not use the dashboard lamp. This was introduced in 1995.

Normally, both aftermarket and original alarm systems will notify the user of any problems with the power supply, either by bleeping athe alarm horn, or by storing a fault code as in the original Porsche system.

Cheers,
Tore

At the end of your first paragraph Tore, do you mean the bulb is not used by the H&P or not used by the drive block system for the 1994 model?

pietrzj said:
At the end of your first paragraph Tore, do you mean the bulb is not used by the H&P or not used by the drive block system for the 1994 model?

Correct, the H&P system doesn;t use the bulb as far as I am aware.

The immobilizer lamp is not in use in the '94 993, either by the Porsche Drive Block or any other systems.
Cheers,
Tore

As previously mentioned im no expert here but with no 6 if you can start the car without that then the immobiliser isnt working as i have to do that all the time at work to start these cars ..

You have a remote so try sitting in the car and locking it .. then try and start the car .. that will soon tell you what happens .

I thought the pa1000 was the " USB" (the card you insert into the slot ) immobiliser side of it and the remote was a seperate system :dont know:

Maybe the pa 2000 which has its own immobiliser system.

Correct 'immobiliser' light in the clock is not used in UK. Your H&P should have an after market LED fitted somewhere. Usually in the centre console.

In some cases the ignition is used to 'set' the codes by moving the key from pos 0 to ll in a sequence.

With H&P I though the immobiliser aspect was separate with the USB type plug but working in conjunction with the H&P alarm :dont know:

My advice would be to rip it all out and put in a modern system if you doubt it's reliability. Illuminati will want to keep it but alarm technology has moved on somewhat in 25yrs :roll:

I have a 94 model year, and I'm pretty sure that all the early cars didn't have a remote alarm system. Basically it's a arm and disarm via the key in the central locking and extra horns rather than a siren that alerts you to a possible breakin. Even though the earlier cars did not have an alarm as such, you still needed to use the slot next to ignition before starting which is obviously the immobiliser.
The earth to the stereo chassis does in need to be connected, if not the alarm (horns) at some point (might be an hour or a week later) will set off.

It sounds like the original OE has been disabled to me.

thanks all.

I have a PA2000 there is a remote and thats what I always use to enter the car - never the ky.

I do have an LED in the centre console so that ties up with H&P.

The little USB thingy will need some investigating at some point.

Demort said:
The PA 2000 has x2 immobiliser cuts from memory so i expect the pa1000 was disconnected as not needed .

The very early cars didn't have even the pa1000. 'POPE' on PH is THE man on early systems on the 993.

From 3. In my list its definately 2 bleps/blips. I just checked. I will short the green wire to the brown in the loop and see what effect that has on the bleeps on locking.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back