Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP WITH A VALUE FOR MY 997.1 , THANKS

I accept I'm in the minority, not that that makes me wrong, but I disagree with those that suggest your modding may/will devalue your car. At this price point you're attracting a pretty big market of young guys who want a more special/aggressive car...and certainly one where the owner can show thousands of pounds of receipts. I would easily spend more money on a unique car if done well, say 30-50% of the cost of the mods.

I wonder if anyone has a view/knowledge of what % of 911 owners use this site. It's going to be a small number, so probably fair to assume some of the rest are simply enjoying having an iconic sports car and are unperturbed if someone fitted the "wrong" spoiler/wheels etc.

Price it for that buyer Phil....you can always lower it if no bites.

Alfaian said:
Phil 997 said:
Alfaian said:
What about that C4S gen2 that's in brookspeed phil?

I believe you posted a pic of it on another thread asking about that big spoiler :grin:

It's blue - tick
It's manual - tick
It looks like a GT car - tick
And it's your local Indy - tick

Am I close to what I think you are thinking :)

:wink: It might be an option mate

Buy the bu@@er phil. Sort that rear wing out and it's a fantastic looking car 8)

Although it's asking top dollar I'd want top dollar for part ex :thumb:

Can't have it both ways.

Phil really likes that spoiler though! :floor: :floor: :floor:

Bonners you are correct I believe that when these cars get to mid 20s and below the younger guys who like mods and aggressive looking cars are around. he said as he nudges towards retirement in his modded car :floor: :floor:
I am younger that the queen though . :eek: :eek:ld: :eek:ld: :eek:ld:

Knowing what a great straight car it was when I brought it 4 years ago and how I have looked after it and spent the money on mods etc. someone would be getting a really nice car for the money if I do decide to go to a gen2 .

Ian , It's still under consideration along with several others :thumb: :thumb:

basildon993 said:
Alfaian said:
Phil 997 said:
Phil really likes that spoiler though! :floor: :floor: :floor:

Well If I went down that path, I would certainly see how I got on with it , I have priced up the GT3 one, used genuine about 6k replica 2.5k plus paint. So its an option but then so is a ducktail and go for a sort of 911R Look , the stock engine lid on the 997 doesnt lent itself to an R look so I think you would need something like a ducktail also you still then get the benefit of a more RAM effect with cold air induction.

Plus could I really live with a car that was stock :nooo: :nooo: :nooo: I like to play with them. :grin: :grin:

This is the first time in 4 years of owning my car that I have considered moving to another Porsche so I am not at all certain I really want to and I will tread slowly. I haven't even asked on the forum if anyone was interested in buying my car lol maybe I should do that at some point :thumb: :thumb: if I do I will be getting a borescope done before anyone considers it,as I would not want to let another member inherit an issue if there was one which is highly unlikely but I would want a new owner to be totally confident in it. :thumb: :thumb:

Get it part exed for that C4S in brookspeed phil. Only here once mate :thumb:

Alfaian said:

:thumb: I have another couple to consider aswell Ian mate , they all bring different bits to the party and I just need to weigh up which offers the best for me . The C4S is very very toppy price wise but has a few things I like . one of the others I am considering is 10k cheaper and 1 year newer :?: so a bit of thinking to be done :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Alfaian said:

:thumb: I have another couple to consider aswell Ian mate , they all bring different bits to the party and I just need to weigh up which offers the best for me . The C4S is very very toppy price wise but has a few things I like . one of the others I am considering is 10k cheaper and 1 year newer :?: so a bit of thinking to be done :thumb:

Interesting phil. It is a little top money but like I said earlier, they can't have it both ways. Unless they are selling on behalf of a customer, if so they'll be getting a cut.

Maybe try and find out :thumb:

The bonus is, it's all done body wise so just engine mods to concentrate on :grin:

I think you'd love the manual box. So much more involved 8)

buy the car at brookspeed and if you are ever away from home that spoiler will double up as a very practical ironing board?

He lives near the coast so, if I may be so brave... a surfboard? :lol:

With phil in lederhosen :)

That's a good idea Iron the mankini first then go surfing. hadn't considered it being a utilitarian vehicle. :floor: :floor: just need to find out if Porsche make an awning for the 911 and I am good to go . its a 4S so ok for offroad camping surfing holidays :floor: :floor: :floor:

ah seems they do :grin: :floor:

Attachments

• 10545_14331468514962db6f5cabc_127.jpg
    10545_14331468514962db6f5cabc_127.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 3,772
  • porsche_boxster_tent_198.jpg
    porsche_boxster_tent_198.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3,772
You get my drift phil :thumb: or should that be surf :)

thought persil mate :grin: :thumb:

Good job there's no " aerial " on these cars with them tents :)

Alfaian said:
Good job there's no " aerial " on these cars with them tents :)

Daz a good point mate :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back