Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Instrument cluster bulb alternatives

On my list also.... I have the parts but haven't been brace enough to attempt the install !

pietrzj said:
Anybody done the bergvillfx centre console LED upgrade?
I have - superb mod and easy enough to do.
Well worth it I think.

I think the issue is the wattage of the 'original' Porsche bulb and hence the expense :eek:. Cant remember if they are lower (0.6W) or higher? You can use the other wattage bulbs without issue. I used the latter when I sorted the knackered ones in the centre console backlighting.

I bougtht a packet of 10 - Here

Citori,
I know it was a long time ago, but do you have any the bulbs left, or can you tell me where to buy them?

I have ordered the Rennlist ones for the back lighting, but think i should do the warning lights as well, need to get some for that.

thanks

Has anyone got a link to the kit Tore sells for the instrument cluster too?

Ta.

Thanks guys.
I do not sell any instrument LED lights, but have a LED kit for the centre console indicator lamps.

I haven't been able to find any LED's with sufficient quality to fit in the instruments. As a side note, I would advise to change the instrument backlighting bulbs only. As an example, using a LED in the airbag warning light will cause a fault code in the airbag control unit and light the warning bulb.

Cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
Thanks guys.
I do not sell any instrument LED lights, but have a LED kit for the centre console indicator lamps.

I haven't been able to find any LED's with sufficient quality to fit in the instruments. As a side note, I would advise to change the instrument backlighting bulbs only. As an example, using a LED in the airbag warning light will cause a fault code in the airbag control unit and light the warning bulb.

Cheers,
Tore

Thanks Tore, just ordered the centre console ones to add to your reg plate and interior light ones :thumb:.

Baz

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back