Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie to forum & Porsche ownership, any advice welcome

Phil 997 said:
Sounds like a very lucky find mate, very reassuring that Cath was not going to let it go until they were happy with it. Keep us posted :thumb: :grin:
^ +1 :)

Sounds like you've landed on your feet!!

Just don't mention Bradley Wiggins to Cath :hand: :floor:

silvermilnec said:
Sounds like you've landed on your feet!!

Just don't mention Bradley Wiggins to Cath :hand: :floor:

Yeah read that article saying she's great with Porsches & even better at knocking over cyclists lol.

Can't fault her so far to be honest only spoke on the phone but she's straight talking sounds like really knows her stuff & obviously I've read online she has a good rep possible only second to Hartech around these parts.

Sounds like a bargain there, 997's seem to rising in value, and one that has been rebuilt even more so.
Catch Burrows does have a good name in Porsche circles in the NW.

Frenchmeister said:
Sounds like a bargain there, 997's seem to rising in value, and one that has been rebuilt even more so.
Catch Burrows does have a good name in Porsche circles in the NW.

loved the test drive can see why, future classic I think 997.2 Turbo will probably be the 1 to own & of course GT3 is already legendary anyway but even 997 Carreras are probably going to hold money well or even rise a little even the gen 1s hold up well on the road they don't look all that dated for a 10-12 year old design not bad going.

DP I have a 997 Gen 1 in silver, lowered on H & R -15 with 7 & 10 spacers, Car looks epic when moving down the road IMO it also sounds wonderful over 4K.
Any manual, non electric steering, 911 will eventually become sought after even the Gen 1 997 with the possible engine issues.
Look at air cooled 911's prices which generally need a very expensive engine rebuild once heading over 100k miles.
Get one with a proper rebuild and you are laughing at that price.

Frenchmeister said:
DP I have a 997 Gen 1 in silver, lowered on H & R -15 with 7 & 10 spacers, Car looks epic when moving down the road IMO it also sounds wonderful over 4K.
Any manual, non electric steering, 911 will eventually become sought after even the Gen 1 997 with the possible engine issues.
Look at air cooled 911's prices which generally need a very expensive engine rebuild once heading over 100k miles.
Get one with a proper rebuild and you are laughing at that price.

Sounds very nice mate.
Spacers, lowering and getting the inside of the lobster claw's finished in black was going to be my first move on getting the car to go for a subtle old school classic modified Porsche look.

Go to the Meets and events section and check out the pictures for Cumbria Show, you will see my car there, also has a GT3 front smiley grill, K&N, Ramair induction, 84 mm GT3 throttle body and carbon inlet plenum along with a 38mm Gundo Hack exhaust mod........nothing sounds like it :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back