Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

Looking forward to seeing the next bit of green....I think I know what that's going to be...will it be done before simply Porsche ?

That lot's looking great!

Door pulls and PDK surround are spot on

:thumbs:

G2 said:
Looking forward to seeing the next bit of green....I think I know what that's going to be...will it be done before simply Porsche ?

Hoping so mate, going to call Hannah in the morning and check on progress :thumb: :thumb:

Wicked are busy. Mine is being done now after a bit of paint match faff that they were really helpful with.

I have just added to Linas's workload as well...think it would be cheaper to have my eye lenses turned yellow!

G2 said:
Wicked are busy. Mine is being done now after a bit of paint match faff that they were really helpful with.

I have just added to Linas's workload as well...think it would be cheaper to have my eye lenses turned yellow!

:floor: :floor: it is addictive once you start mate , but they look so much better with some personal touches on. :thumb: :thumb:

Saw my new bits today at Wicked but they had failed QC so were being redone :sad: quickly checked them for colour match and gave them back. funny in the drab rain they look quite yellow but are the same as my console :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1502_331.jpg
    img_1502_331.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 5,177
Spot on ! They really brighten up a gloomy day and the colours change depending on the light!

At first I thought Wicked had shot yours with the paint for mine :)

G2 said:
Spot on ! They really brighten up a gloomy day and the colours change depending on the light!

At first I thought Wicked had shot yours with the paint for mine :)

:grin: :grin: I thought you must have seen them down there :thumb:
bit of pressure on them to get it redone for Simply.
You cant remove these pieces as they are plastic rivet welded which break when removed so the only option is to buy new get them painted and then break the old ones as you remove them and put the new ones on and melt the rivets into place . only saying this incase others fancy changing them as they do get tatty like the console does over time. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
T8 said:
Phil 997 said:
T8 said:
I've not been following this thread but just for information my car has a black interior 'broken up' by factory finish aluminium centre console and seatbacks. I thought it might be of interest to anyone undecided as to what colour to go for.

Hi Terry do you know the colour code for the alum finish of yours :thumb:

Sorry Phil, I don't. The options code just describes it as 'aluminium look'.

My car has also got air vents and instrument frame in that colour.

OK thanks Terry I will do some digging :thumb:

Hi Phil

Did you ever find out the colour of the aluminium at all?

Phil 997 said:
T8 said:
Phil 997 said:
T8 said:
I've not been following this thread but just for information my car has a black interior 'broken up' by factory finish aluminium centre console and seatbacks. I thought it might be of interest to anyone undecided as to what colour to go for.

Hi Phil

wildej said:
Phil 997 said:
T8 said:
Phil 997 said:
T8 said:

Hi Phil

No I didnt mate , hit a brick wall , I will have a look at Terry's at simply Porsche and see if I can throw some more light on it. :thumb:

wildej said:
Phil 997 said:
T8 said:
Phil 997 said:
T8 said:

Hi Phil

No I didnt mate , hit a brick wall , I will have a look at Terry's at simply Porsche and see if I can throw some more light on it. :thumb:

I was a little delayed in getting bits off to WC, they're saying the group buy price won't apply anymore. Bit of a shame not to be told earlier, as I may not have dismantled bits recently. Anyway, maybe my fault also for the delay in sorting out.

Just to check, was the original group buy £180 for the centre console only ? Or did that include other bits too ?

Nik, It was for just the items that made up the centre console which depending on man or auto was 6 or 7 pieces .

Guys that had other things done negotiated prices for those items directly with WC

look forward to seeing pics of your items done :thumb:

Nik

I'm interested in getting some bits done and based in Surrey too.

Might be worth having a chat - PM?

Jim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back