Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Porsche Macan Turbo PP

Hi Nigel,

Thank you :thumb: Nothing wrong with black but I've had so many with black interiors I'm on a mission to paint the town red. :wink:

Hi Ant,

Thank you :thumb: Pity we missed each other, if it was mid-afternoon I was probably there after having a very nice lunch at Riley's Fish Shack on the beach at Tynemouth. Highly recommended :thumbs:

I had a look under the bonnet today and this is what you get, a nifty little badge, it is carbon though, discreet or what :floor:

Cheers,
Paul

Very nice. I very nearly ordered one as a replacement for my S4 but in the end decided on a 991 with a focus for the dogs!,

Enjoy and I'll look out for you if your around the north east again.

Hi Long P,

Thanks! I don't think a 991 will disappoint :thumb:

First thoughts on the Turbo PP:

It should have been called a Turbo S, a PP sounds a bit.... well go on we can all snigger :?

Right, down to business. First off it took a little while for me to adjust to the difference between this and the Cayennes S's chassis. I was expecting it to be similar but different, if you see what I mean. It's definitely different, I wouldn't say it's an out an out sports car but it's close, more sports than SUV would be a better way of describing it. It no way does it feel like an SUV. It is a little smaller than I remembered but I don't need much space anyway, just 4 seats and a decent boot.

In Sport mode it's quick, very quick. With a 911 we know when it's getting there and we kind of expect it, with the PP it suddenly dawns on you that you're in big trouble if you get zapped, it might be worth it for the noise though. In Sport Plus it's insane for a 2 tonne vehicle but the handling doesn't suffer at all, it's a very well sorted vehicle. The brakes are tremendous, I've been over zealous with them a couple of times! :wack:

Jontt mentioned LED lights in a previous post, which I didn't option as I didn't see the need. I would have had them if they were free :grin: but the lights are Bi Xenon anyway and with the Turbo you get PDLS as standard. The spread of light is fantastic and as it turns into corners so does the beam, so I have absolutely no issues with not having LED's.

The pano sunroof is great when open on tilt but when fully open it feels as if the car suddenly has a roof-rack, and an elephant sitting up there. It messes up the dynamics completely. It's pleasant enough around the villages and most likely considered a must for the King's Road.

I have to mention the Porsche Connect Plus which my 2 year old Cayenne didn't have. Very useful when you're running out of fuel, it pops up with a list of the nearest forecourts and distance, price and one touch will be enough for the Satnav to direct you straight there. I'm going to need this, I'm only getting mid-20's at the mo. :dont know:

My wife asked me a good question. What would I buy if I couldn't have got one of these? The answer is I really don't know, there's nothing I can really think of so that's in itself is a tribute.

Cheers for now,
Paul

Very nice Paul wish I had that colour scheme on the 997 looks fab, so how many ponies is it pushing out with the PP :thumb:

Somebody already said it but Wow gorgeous :thumb:

Very nice Paul wish I had that colour scheme on the 997 looks fab, so how many ponies is it pushing out with the PP Thumb

Hello Gaz,

Nice to hear from you, I hope you are all well? Thanks, it looks really good in the flesh.

440 ponies & 600nM torques (between 1500 + 4500). It sounds great when it blips the throttle as you change down in Sport/Sport Plus.

I hope you are looking after that Turbo of your's? Joe had a good win at Salon Privee with his :thumbs:

Somebody already said it but Wow gorgeous Thumb

Thanks Steve, pleased you like it :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Wowser Paul that's a lot of torque things innit :D that will pull the cheeks back at full chat. I have a trio of invalids 924 coming along nicely engine back in but not fired up yet, Turbo is on axle stands next door waiting on a starter motor and I`m out of action for a few weeks with a duff hand however my best man picked up his new cayenne today so will have a shufty of that at the weekend

cheers

Gaz

Attachments

• twins_571.jpg
    twins_571.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 8,942
Hi Gaz,

Are you running a hospital trust there :dont know:

It will be all worthwhile when sorted, you need to get the "blower" back on the road though :grin:

Have great weekend,
Paul

Deleted double post :frustrated:

Very nice! Thinking of upgrading my current GTS to turbo PP next year.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back