Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP WITH A VALUE FOR MY 997.1 , THANKS

Alfaian said:
What about that C4S gen2 that's in brookspeed phil?

I believe you posted a pic of it on another thread asking about that big spoiler :grin:

It's blue - tick
It's manual - tick
It looks like a GT car - tick
And it's your local Indy - tick

Am I close to what I think you are thinking :)

:wink: It might be an option mate

I think its a lovely car, its got to be worth 25k all day long.

Love the mods or hate them, the car has had some quid thrown at it, care and attention. It does look good.

Lifes to short to have the same car for years and years, their is so much more car out there.

So good luck if you do sell ( I personally don't think it will hang around) because that's where the fun starts :thumb:

Car looks great.

Sensible money says keep it, cos you've spent loads from a cosmestic or desire point of view to make the car unique to you and you have also spent fair bit ironing out any maintenance mechanical issues so you know it's tip top.

Dropping 40k now on a Gen 2 2009-2010 plate will be a newer car than your's but it's going to get close to the stage it will need mechanical wear and tear items replaced plus modding it up also.

However we all get the new car bug biting and sometimes you just got to go with it. I couldn't really justify to myself changing to Gen 2 in your position especially as you've already done the Gen 2 light's mod anyway just wouldn't seem worth it in my mind unless for the manual option you could convince yourself then perhaps.

As others have said maybe a nice 997 turbo if you can push budget up would be where I would go personally.

And as others have said I reckon your good about £22-25k on price.
As you know I've just bought a stock 05 plate (50k miles) Carrera 2.S from a dealer around 23 so think you could perhaps push into 25 on the right private seller but wouldn't let it go for any less than 22-23ish.

Boba fett said:
I think its a lovely car, its got to be worth 25k all day long.

Love the mods or hate them, the car has had some quid thrown at it, care and attention. It does look good.

Lifes to short to have the same car for years and years, their is so much more car out there.

So good luck if you do sell ( I personally don't think it will hang around) because that's where the fun starts :thumb:

+1

Just paint the whole car acid green
yes.gif

:floor:

On a serious note, spend the extra cash and buy a Turbo/GT3/GTS, why? Because of your sig:

Others Enjoy The Moment Today

nuts2.gif

DP911 said:
Car looks great.

Sensible money says keep it, cos you've spent loads from a cosmestic or desire point of view to make the car unique to you and you have also spent fair bit ironing out any maintenance mechanical issues so you know it's tip top.

Dropping 40k now on a Gen 2 2009-2010 plate will be a newer car than your's but it's going to get close to the stage it will need mechanical wear and tear items replaced plus modding it up also.

However we all get the new car bug biting and sometimes you just got to go with it. I couldn't really justify to myself changing to Gen 2 in your position especially as you've already done the Gen 2 light's mod anyway just wouldn't seem worth it in my mind unless for the manual option you could convince yourself then perhaps.

As others have said maybe a nice 997 turbo if you can push budget up would be where I would go personally.

And as others have said I reckon your good about £22-25k on price.
As you know I've just bought a stock 05 plate (50k miles) Carrera 2.S from a dealer around 23 so think you could perhaps push into 25 on the right private seller but wouldn't let it go for any less than 22-23ish.

:thumb: thanks , some good points made :grin: :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Just paint the whole car acid green
yes.gif

:floor:

On a serious note, spend the extra cash and buy a Turbo/GT3/GTS, why? Because of your sig:

Others Enjoy The Moment Today

nuts2.gif

:floor: :floor: It would be the cheaper option to paint mine acid green maybe with midnight blue accents :grin: :grin: :grin:

I believe it's best to put back as standard as you can one weekend. Get the paperwork records in date order and open your vehicle up to a wider audience. Market it at £24k and be flexible with negotiations between yourself and buyers.

Have a focused view to buy a 997.2 or 991. There's nothing wrong with even buying a £1000 run around until you're ready to sign a V5.

There's the option to trade in the 997.1.

I personally trade all my cars in. I like the contract to be short, transparent and no quibble. OPC 2 years warranty and breakdown cover. You're a sensible man like myself and in reality can earn more money investing time making money than the amount you'd save being a moonlight second hand car salesman on your own vehicle.

Ultimately you'll know what works best for you, ok.

MNC911 said:

There's the option to trade in the 997.1.

I personally trade all my cars in. I like the contract to be short, transparent and no quibble. OPC 2 years warranty and breakdown cover. You're a sensible man like myself and in reality can earn more money investing time making money than the amount you'd save being a moonlight second hand car salesman on your own vehicle.

Ultimately you'll know what works best for you, ok.

Couldnt have said a truer word Mate , I cant afford my hourly charge rate. better putting my time to covering any shortfall :grin: :thumb:

the car looks stunning in my opinion, and has the pefect balance of mods before it starts to detract from the way Porsche intended.

Good luck in whatever you decide. I appreciate the comments about the cost of modding and tidying up, but this is part of the fun I guess. It is common to see people put years of time and money into a car to get it to the way they would want it, but on reaching their goal the buzz sort of goes away and you find yourself searching for another base car to go through that journey again.

You've even got me thinking about parting with my turbo so I can get into something like your car :?

BlackTurbo said:
the car looks stunning in my opinion, and has the pefect balance of mods before it starts to detract from the way Porsche intended.

Good luck in whatever you decide. I appreciate the comments about the cost of modding and tidying up, but this is part of the fun I guess. It is common to see people put years of time and money into a car to get it to the way they would want it, but on reaching their goal the buzz sort of goes away and you find yourself searching for another base car to go through that journey again.

You've even got me thinking about parting with my turbo so I can get into something like your car :?

Thanks for your thoughts BT , Your right in your thinking about getting it just right and then looking forward to doing it all again , yes its cost me thousands but so would Golf if that had been my thing or any other hobby we enjoy doing and when did a nice set of golf clubs or a great round of golf ever get any of us laid :floor: :floor: :floor: .
There is something to be said for the school of thought that says is it better to be in a £60 turbo or a nicely tweaked N/A for 25/27k and 33/35k in the bank.
It really depends on peoples other financial commitments, mortgages etc. and where their priorities lie. :thumb: :thumb:

Flog it or keep it

In all honestly up to you.

I have a 997 gen 1 - no clasp, wring hands, dear me worry bore score.

Perhaps I am one of the few with no issues.

Apart from around £10,000 just keeping her tip top.
bearing in mind she is 12 years old

997 Coast said:
Flog it or keep it

In all honestly up to you.

I have a 997 gen 1 - no clasp, wring hands, dear me worry bore score.

Perhaps I am one of the few with no issues.

Apart from around £10,000 just keeping her tip top.
bearing in mind she is 12 years old

:grin: I also am not a "oh cant sleep worrying about borescore" person and know it only will affect a small percentage of these cars . that's not the reason for looking for a change it just seems the natural progession if I sell to buy a newer car which happens to be the gen2 ,I am also not panicking about the fact a very very small number of early gen2 cars are also suffering from borescore albeit because of the opposite reason why it happens in some gen1 cars. I also have a range rover and dont lose any sleep about all the internet hype about issues with them as well . In fact I sleep quite well :floor: :floor:
my Ex wife did suffer borescore though and she was moved on to another owner :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Phil 997 said:
my Ex wife did suffer borescore though and she was moved on to another owner :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

fartinbed.gif

Phil 997 said:
Alfaian said:
What about that C4S gen2 that's in brookspeed phil?

I believe you posted a pic of it on another thread asking about that big spoiler :grin:

It's blue - tick
It's manual - tick
It looks like a GT car - tick
And it's your local Indy - tick

Am I close to what I think you are thinking :)

:wink: It might be an option mate

Buy the bu@@er phil. Sort that rear wing out and it's a fantastic looking car 8)

Although it's asking top dollar I'd want top dollar for part ex :thumb:

Can't have it both ways.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back