Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rennline heavy duty transmission bushing

I think you guys are right re: red/yellow unfortunately the kit I was initially sent from D911 was missing the other yellow bushes so I went with what I had at the time as Hartech were waiting to put the engine back in the car.

I do think there is something subtle in how these mounts are installed that effects the resonance. On my 993 other than a vibration at idle there was hardly any change from standard more a subtle harder edge to the engine tone.

Currently they are ok and worth the harshness for the improvement in handling but I will recheck them soon.

Thats just how it should feel a bit firmer but worth it for the improved handling.
there shouldn't be any vibration or excessive harshness. I described it as feeling sort of GT3ish more focused and slightly more mechanical but worth that for the huge improvement and fun driving the car. :thumb:
It will be interesting to hear what you find when you have checked .

ps dont get me started on service from Design911, beggars belief that you only got a part kit when buying the rennline from them . They are so slack it amazes me they stay in business. I do feel for the Directors of D911 as I am sure they wouldnt want a bad service reputation,they clearly have no idea what a shower of monkeys they have working for them or they would have had a big clear out of the knuckle draggers. :nooo:

Hi Phil

I found 10 mins yesterday when it wasn't raining to have a quick look the mounts and tightened the bottom nut 5 Ib/ft and it has reduced the vibration :)

Still rougher around 3200 rpm as seems to be the case when these are fitted but it's much better and even the missus admitted it was bearable last night so they are staying :thumb:

I am thinking of swopping the cheap ssk I fitted for a gt3rs one and changing the gearbox oil so I will get the gearbox mount checked at the same time but for now I am happy .

Nimrod said:
Hi Phil

I found 10 mins yesterday when it wasn't raining to have a quick look the mounts and tightened the bottom nut 5 Ib/ft and it has reduced the vibration :)

Still rougher around 3200 rpm as seems to be the case when these are fitted but it's much better and even the missus admitted it was bearable last night so they are staying :thumb:

I am thinking of swopping the cheap ssk I fitted for a gt3rs one and changing the gearbox oil so I will get the gearbox mount checked at the same time but for now I am happy .

Good news that's sorted, I agree everything I have read about the SSK indicates the cheapy ones are a bit notchy and dont like going into gear cold, the GT3 and gt3rs ones dont appear to be SSK as such but are a little shorter but apparently due to metal bearings etc they go into gear no probs and feel really solid on gear change references to loading rifles seems to be how many describe it :grin: I am not sure of the difference between the GT3 and GT3RS shifter though and if anyone car enlighten will save me asking in the future :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back