Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP WITH A VALUE FOR MY 997.1 , THANKS

Phil, entirely your decision of course but as you say, £15 to £20k extra for something that is essentially not a lot different. You could throw half that at your car and have something really special! :thumb:

phil i too think about a Gen2 or a turbo nearly every week but i think about the money i have spent getting my car just right and all the maintenance items i have replaced and although less than you have spent i think i have spent >£5k getting my car just perfect for me and the thing is its not just the step up cash to the turbo or the gen2 but then its spending the 5k on bits and bobs again that is putting me off - as effectively i am losing my £5k of bits i havent used yet and then i need to spend the £5k again just to get my new car perfect and i worry that it will still drive very similar and still look very similar but stand me twice the cash....but not give me twice the enjoyment, but as you say half the fun is spending the money so dilemmas dilemma
:what:

I`m assuming that the 997.1 is not your only car Phil :?:

How about adding another toy to the fleet :?:

I personally find having a choice of hooning cars stops me from getting bored of them, this week I are mostly driving my Boxster S :grin:

And after watching Chris Harris in an Ariel Atom, my dark thoughts are rising again :grin:

DucatiRob said:
Phil, entirely your decision of course but as you say, £15 to £20k extra for something that is essentially not a lot different. You could throw half that at your car and have something really special! :thumb:

Rob I hear what your saying mate :grin: :grin:

seeforez said:
phil i too think about a Gen2 or a turbo nearly every week but i think about the money i have spent getting my car just right and all the maintenance items i have replaced and although less than you have spent i think i have spent >£5k getting my car just perfect for me and the thing is its not just the step up cash to the turbo or the gen2 but then its spending the 5k on bits and bobs again that is putting me off - as effectively i am losing my £5k of bits i havent used yet and then i need to spend the £5k again just to get my new car perfect and i worry that it will still drive very similar and still look very similar but stand me twice the cash....but not give me twice the enjoyment, but as you say half the fun is spending the money so dilemmas dilemma
:what:

Glad its not just me then , this thought itch has only happened recently :thumb:

Is it change for change sake or are you thinking a different derivative
? I'm guessing modding will absolutely be on the cards...how about a cabriolet with acid green interior from Linas?

kurlykris said:
I`m assuming that the 997.1 is not your only car Phil :?:

How about adding another toy to the fleet :?:

I personally find having a choice of hooning cars stops me from getting bored of them, this week I are mostly driving my Boxster S :grin:

And after watching Chris Harris in an Ariel Atom, my dark thoughts are rising again :grin:

Hi Kris , No mate I have a Range Rover vogue for run about kids, beach etc.
had also thought about another car but I love driving the 997 and dont really want to split my time up even more with a third car

had considered all the usual
fezza
cobra
mazza
hot rod
big chopped trike
reliant robin :eek: cw trotters livery
big yank muscle car
356 kit car

cant do things like atoms, lotus as I ate all the pies :floor:

G2 said:
Is it change for change sake or are you thinking a different derivative
? I'm guessing modding will absolutely be on the cards...how about a cabriolet with acid green interior from Linas?

Love that idea saw a fantasric techart designed new boxter with lots of acid green accents when at Dinslaken , I was interested in a set of the acid trimmed floor mats until I was told £600 euros for a set by the techart rep there, FFS to put my feet on to protect my £200 carpet well that was not going to happen . :floor: :floor: :nooo:

Not sure on my reasoning for change other than a gen2 starts at 385bhp before I start playing so I can see an easy 415plus BHP with a few toys and remap and that should get me to 29mph so much quicker :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:
also was toying with a manual which I havent owned for 20 years, just to see if it really is a better drive than auto personally I love the auto but might be a bit of fun to try something different. :thumb: :thumb:

Difficult decision as to price Phil. I guess you know you're not going to get your money back with the amount of money you've put into making it unique and personal to you. The reality is it might be more difficult to sell the more you've moved it away from the original. Or you could find it getting a lot of interest.

If you go too high, then you could narrow the market by being too close to Gen2.

Where do you think it sits in the market, price wise with 85k?

I can`t really see the point of going for a 997.2 from what you have Phil, but going for a manual Porsche is a must IMHO, heel and toe and all that :grin:

As others have said, low to mid 20`s for yours with 85K on the clock, narrower market with your "refinements" :wack:

Oh what a connundrum, nice one to have though :grin:

MNC911 said:
Difficult decision as to price Phil. I guess you know you're not going to get your money back with the amount of money you've put into making it unique and personal to you. The reality is it might be more difficult to sell the more you've moved it away from the original. Or you could find it getting a lot of interest.

If you go too high, then you could narrow the market by being too close to Gen2.

Where do you think it sits in the market, price wise with 85k?

Well I am thinking mid 20k money 23k on a bad day an 27k on a good day.
as you say it depends on if someone is looking for a well sorted looked after car but with just about every bolt on toy worth buying already added to it.
Guess the other option which is a pain in the "A" but is to put it back to stock and sell all the bits off it, the only bits I dont have in the garage is the original front bumper but the one on there is genuine porsche aero and the PCM2.1
could pick up a front pu for £150 , just a lot of messing about :grin:

kurlykris said:
I can`t really see the point of going for a 997.2 from what you have Phil, but going for a manual Porsche is a must IMHO, heel and toe and all that :grin:

As others have said, low to mid 20`s for yours with 85K on the clock, narrower market with your "refinements" :wack:

Oh what a connundrum, nice one to have though :grin:

Maybe I will keep the car and spend the 15/20k on wine women and song :floor: :floor: :floor:

Scholester said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Turbo Phil your worth it 👍👍

:thumb: Has been considered mate, but then I need to spend 5/6k on an exhaust to make it sound like a 911 :thumb:

You would get a Kline for half that Phil.

I had some very fair prices from them on Black Friday but decided to stay stock.

I paid £1800 for a Kline with 200cel fitted with a mate at his commercial garage over a couple of nights, sounds awesome :thumbs:

silvermilnec said:
Scholester said:
Phil 997 said:
silvermilnec said:
Turbo Phil your worth it 👍👍

:thumb: Has been considered mate, but then I need to spend 5/6k on an exhaust to make it sound like a 911 :thumb:

You would get a Kline for half that Phil.

I had some very fair prices from them on Black Friday but decided to stay stock.

I paid £1800 for a Kline with 200cel fitted with a mate at his commercial garage over a couple of nights, sounds awesome :thumbs:

That's a cracking price mate for a decent sounding Kline turbo exhaust :thumb: :thumb:

What about that C4S gen2 that's in brookspeed phil?

I believe you posted a pic of it on another thread asking about that big spoiler :grin:

It's blue - tick
It's manual - tick
It looks like a GT car - tick
And it's your local Indy - tick

Am I close to what I think you are thinking :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back