Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Please tell me you're going to take it down to the RS day tomorrow at Oulton.

Sorry guys I'm in Bahamas right now working on the yacht. I do plan to go to the Cars & Coffee meets in Liverpool in the summer though once my car is finished.

Just started arranging some stuff for when I get home. Linas has got me pencilled in for something very tasty and the suspension is being arranged also.

Very excited. Just need to get these next 9 weeks of work out of the way.

isysman said:
Sorry guys I'm in Bahamas right now working on the yacht. I do plan to go to the Cars & Coffee meets in Liverpool in the summer though once my car is finished.

Just started arranging some stuff for when I get home. Linas has got me pencilled in for something very tasty and the suspension is being arranged also.

Must be a tough life, Bahamas middle of winter 😂😂

isysman said:

Bikeracer1098 said:
isysman said:

If it makes you feel any better it's currently cloudy with light rain! :D

This made me LOL.

Speaks for your decision to remain with 4wd, Isys. And against mine to go to 2wd... :eek:

Attachments

• porsche_flow_5_507.jpg
    porsche_flow_5_507.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 5,481
Hi Isysman

I would just like to say how absolutely fantastic your video about the roof removal and replacement was, brilliantly filmed and really interesting, I watched the whole thing with out skipping a second (very rare for me)

Thanks a lot, and the car looks amazing as well :thumb:

stevemfr said:
This made me LOL.

Speaks for your decision to remain with 4wd, Isys. And against mine to go to 2wd... :eek:

That's funny! Not sure owning the GT2RS means you have a death wish but then again I've not driven one.

budflicker said:
Hi Isysman

I would just like to say how absolutely fantastic your video about the roof removal and replacement was, brilliantly filmed and really interesting, I watched the whole thing with out skipping a second (very rare for me)

Thanks a lot, and the car looks amazing as well :thumb:

Wow thanks a lot, it's always great to get positive feedback. Stay tuned I have more updates coming in the summer.

isysman, this is AMAZING. thank you for sharing this insane project with us + all the videos. this is likely the most epic 997 of all time worldwide.

the car is lucky as hell to have found you as the owner.

This is what owners forums are about. Build threads like these.

I don't like the stigmatism behind the purists outlook, the warranty nazi's

Porsches are to be enjoyed, Restored, Modified.

If i was wearing a hat, i'd take it off to you. Epic project and i'm very jealous!

An inspiration to us all. A great looking 911. 8)

neil_911 said:
This is what owners forums are about. Build threads like these.

I don't like the stigmatism behind the purists outlook, the warranty nazi's

Porsches are to be enjoyed, Restored, Modified.

If i was wearing a hat, i'd take it off to you. Epic project and i'm very jealous!

An inspiration to us all. A great looking 911. 8)

Your opinion is welcome Neil but your reference to 'purists outlook' is OTT.

Porsches are to be enjoyed. How individual owners achieve that enjoyment is a very personal thing.

:cop:

Thanks myw and neil_911 for the compliments. It's nice to know people appreciate the work going into the car.

T8 I agree everyone is entitled to enjoy their car how they want. However I see the point he's trying to make from a certain angle. I've never seen people so interested in keeping their car as it rolled out of the factory, and I think it has a lot to do with the warranty restrictions. But it goes so far as cars being devalued because they are not stock and people rolling back mods to try to sell their car. I have never seen that with any other marque. It is rather peculiar. A modified Ford Focus RS will command a premium over a stock version for instance.

Anyway if having your car stock down to the windscreen wipers is your thing then I say enjoy it. Not knocking anyone.

isysman said:
Thanks myw and neil_911 for the compliments. It's nice to know people appreciate the work going into the car.

T8 I agree everyone is entitled to enjoy their car how they want. However I see the point he's trying to make from a certain angle. I've never seen people so interested in keeping their car as it rolled out of the factory, and I think it has a lot to do with the warranty restrictions. But it goes so far as cars being devalued because they are not stock and people rolling back mods to try to sell their car. I have never seen that with any other marque. It is rather peculiar. A modified Ford Focus RS will command a premium over a stock version for instance.

Anyway if having your car stock down to the windscreen wipers is your thing then I say enjoy it. Not knocking anyone.

That's pretty much what i was getting at, It's seems everyones worried about depreciation, like what happens to the value if they let the porsche warranty expire.

I don't have a warranty, Nor a fixed OPC to service. I've always been hands on with my various cars. Knowing each knock, squeak and rattle without panicking.

No worries over depreciation, Racking the mileage up, or getting stone chips.

Get out and drive, As magnus walker says :)

neil_911 said:
isysman said:

That's pretty much what i was getting at, It's seems everyones worried about depreciation, like what happens to the value if they let the porsche warranty expire.

I don't have a warranty, Nor a fixed OPC to service. I've always been hands on with my various cars. Knowing each knock, squeak and rattle without panicking.

No worries over depreciation, Racking the mileage up, or getting stone chips.

Get out and drive, As magnus walker says :)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: daily drive or garage queen , heavily modded or stock all lovely motors. I do take the mick sometimes about bearded sandle wearers, but infact I have never had stick from any Porsche owner either hairdryer or kettle owners about either of my driven a lot and modded 911s
I enjoy reading isys updates to his car and vids of gin palaces getting docked around the world lol , not enough pics of scantily clad women from around the world though :floor: :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back