Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Preparing to sell my turbo, what would you do?

Cheers guys

I think I'll list it just under 50k and see what the response is, I'm happy to deal with the buyers, I quite enjoy the process if I'm honest. I don't think I'd like to add up the costs of what's been spent on the car over the years but it's a small price to pay for the feeling you get when you see the car on the drive after being cleaned.

Jason Taylor said:
Cheers guys

I think I'll list it just under 50k and see what the response is, I'm happy to deal with the buyers, I quite enjoy the process if I'm honest. I don't think I'd like to add up the costs of what's been spent on the car over the years but it's a small price to pay for the feeling you get when you see the car on the drive after being cleaned.

Car looks mint mate, I'm new to Porsche ownership & just taking on a 997 Carrera to get the feel for the car if I was in the market for a turbo your's looks awesome.

Good luck with the sale tho I'm sure you'll get a good offer these things are so sought after.

Well the cheapest manual 997 Turbo on Pistonheads at the moment is on for £49,995. If I were selling it I would be advertising it for somewhere in the low £50k zone to gauge the market. You can always come down on price!

Jason Taylor said:
I've finally got round to selling the car (I'll list it next week), I've reversed all the mods with the exception of the smile grill, the rear spoiler has been refurbished as the rams were leaking which I'm told is a common fault (£1000 I didn't plan on spending) it has however come back from the garage with a tpms error which will be recitified on Wednesday, I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

Cheers

Who did you get to refurb the spoiler rams?

Ronam2012 said:
Jason Taylor said:
I've finally got round to selling the car (I'll list it next week), I've reversed all the mods with the exception of the smile grill, the rear spoiler has been refurbished as the rams were leaking which I'm told is a common fault (£1000 I didn't plan on spending) it has however come back from the garage with a tpms error which will be recitified on Wednesday, I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

Cheers

D & G Porsche Indy North Sheilds.
I saw your car there when i was in having a couple of jobs done on May 2nd Jason. Great lads to deal with arn't they 👌🏼

marconorth said:
Ronam2012 said:
Jason Taylor said:

Cheers

D & G Porsche Indy North Sheilds.
I saw your car there when i was in having a couple of jobs done on May 2nd Jason. Great lads to deal with arn't they 👌🏼

Yes, d and g, they were actually sent to Belgium to a company who do the Refurb, my car also needed a new harness plus a couple of hours labour hence the 1k bill, but they are guaranteed for 5 years, I could have got away with replacing just the seals for around £500 all in but it was reckoned they may only last a few months so I decided to have the full Refurb, although I'm selling the car I like to sleep on a night, hence the visit to d and g in the first place

Shameless ad plug!!

As per the title really, finally gone live on pistonheads:

£49,500

MOD EDIT: Links to 3rd party adverts are not allowed.

Why not use the 911uk free classifieds facility :?:

Pictures look good, best of luck with the sale.

apollokre1d said:
Pictures look good, best of luck with the sale.

I disagree.

Out of focus, too much 'noise' in the background...

sorry, just trying to help. :oops:

:thumb:

Fair point about the background but the pics of car looked fine and in focus on my pc :)

apollokre1d said:
Fair point about the background but the pics of car looked fine and in focus on my pc :)

The actual car pics are really good, I like the first one especially.

porsche-911-turbo-997-turbo-S2913051-1.jpg

The one showing the interior has come out odd due to the sun I guess.

porsche-911-turbo-997-turbo-S2913051-10.jpg

I'd take the car somewhere remote/in front of big country house/middle of a field and take all the pictures in one location.

As I said, I am just trying to help. Not looking to start a war with anyone :thumbs:

apollokre1d said:
It's Friday and people do start their weekends at different times. :grin:

Diggermeister said:
apollokre1d said:
It's Friday and people do start their weekends at different times. :grin:

:floor:

:viking:

Can't see you having much trouble shifting it at that price. You had much interest J?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back