Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Amber Alert!

Thanks chums :thumb:

Looking forward to getting to know it.
It desperately needs tyres. Any thoughts collective :?:

Michelin PS2s on my Boxster S and she sticks to the tarmac like brown stuff to a blanket :grin:

The same on the 911, but probably PS3s next time or Pilot Cup 2s :thumb:

I had Bridgestone Potenzas on the 911 when I bought it, but had to change my boxer shorts every time I drove it :grin:

kurlykris said:
Michelin PS2s on my Boxster S and she sticks to the tarmac like brown stuff to a blanket :grin:

The same on the 911, but probably PS3s next time or Pilot Cup 2s :thumb:

I had Bridgestone Potenzas on the 911 when I bought it, but had to change my boxer shorts every time I drove it :grin:

Thanks Kris, they'll do me then :thumb:

Thanks chaps :p

Are they 18"s or 19"s Chief :?:

The reason I ask is because when ChrisW refubed my wheels, his loaners were 19"s and I didn`t really notice any loss of ride quality over my 18"s :D

kurlykris said:
Are they 18"s or 19"s Chief :?:

The reason I ask is because when ChrisW refubed my wheels, his loaners were 19"s and I didn`t really notice any loss of ride quality over my 18"s :D

19's Kris.....

grbspeedster said:
Looks superb :thumb:

Thank you!
I certainly won't loose it in a car park :puh:

I think it looks fantastic! Very pleased for you! I actually think they look nicer than standard Carrera 997's from most angles.

So are the 'Sports' from the 987.2 era I take it?!

It's been a while, but finally I have had some time to spend on 'Amber Alert' instead of spending all my time on 'Project Blue Book'....
After participating in the RS trackday at Oulton Park on Friday I thought it was and ideal time to jump in and get the paint sorted on the P.U,s.

This is how it looked on Friday, but by Saturday...

So by Saturday afternoon it was all tucked back up in the Potting Shed.
I brought the P.U's back home to remove all the plastics and trim ready for paint. I have a large collection of mat black plastic and wiry bits!

I then spent some time scrubbing and cleaning them with hot soapy (Washing up liquid) water. I don't use anything with any chance of silicone in as it can freak the paint process.

So all in the van and delivered down to the paintshop.
I will give a more detailed report and photo's of the re-assembly which might help others when doing this.

The lower 'Eyebrows' i'm painting Piano Black. The wheels will be refurbished whilst i'm at it as the barrels are looking rough. I will most likely do these GT Orange instead of the factory silver. More of this later.
All the best,
Chief

It certainly looked pretty good thrashing around the circuit, I cant believe it needed repainting.

Its normally my car with all the bits off after a trackday! :sad:

I am sat here waiting for some of that to end up in my place!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back