Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

go back to original lights?997 rotiform

Very smart looking.
New 997.1 owner and where do I get these lights and what's the damage?
Take it they are just plug and play? no errors on dash?

jemz911widebody said:
Desert Dragon said:
jemz911widebody said:
Desert Dragon said:
jemz911widebody said:
Cheers mate at least we are on the same boat!!! :thumbs:

What offset are they buddy front and rear and wheel width?

Fronts are 9j and rears are 12j

and the offset i.e. ET ??

The rear are et55 can not remember the front will have to check when I get home

Okay let me know and I'll let you know both the correct size tyres and spacers front and rear to give you the same tyre to wheel arch look as a 997 GT3 RS. It will help the whole stance of the car not that it looks bad as it is. :thumbs:

DP911 said:
Very smart looking.

They are dectanes mate, just google them or look on ebay.

Consider the smoked ones though if you have a black car.

Boba fett said:
DP911 said:
Very smart looking.

They are dectanes mate, just google them or look on ebay.

Consider the smoked ones though if you have a black car.

Very nice mate. I have an artic silver so probably just standard I'll have a look. I came from a black 330d BM so I was sick of keeping the damn thing clean but black does look the part for that 1 day of the year you can keep it fresh looking lol.

DP911 said:
Very smart looking.

Iv had my 911 for 2 years but always only browsed on the forum,I have wanted to upgrade to a turbo but my c4s has only 1 previous owner to me which is hard to find in these vehicles and the lights are plug and play with no dash errors but not to sure if I'm want to sell at the mo

Currently Im running 225 tyres on front which are way to narrow and will be changing this week to 235 and the rear I'm running 305's I was thinking of purchasing coilovers

Lights look fine as they are.

jemz911widebody said:
Phil you are right about the slight face lift which brightens it up
And the wheels are an expensive after market choice as they are 3psc but only on for the summer although I do like my crabs!

Jem , I like modded cars but yours actually looks nice in both stock and modded form, if you go wider on the tyres and your lowering you might want to consider lowering first as often to get the arch clearance you are better with tyres slightly stretched as it pulls the sidewalls in .also think about pilot super sports as they have a more curved side wall profile and smaller rim protectors . :thumb: :thumb:

jemz911widebody said:
Currently Im running 225 tyres on front which are way to narrow and will be changing this week to 235 and the rear I'm running 305's I was thinking of purchasing coilovers

With those 9 J and 12 J wheels 235 and 305 will be too stretched, You need

245 35 19 front

325 30 19 rears

Preferably MPS Cup 2 or PS4S or P Tropheo R

At the rear if you're 100% sure you're ET 55 you need a 10mm spacer for that perfect RS type stance. Let me know your front offset and will let you have suggestion for the right spacer size here too. Only a suggestion by the way for when you next need tyres etc. 235 and 305 will still work but look very stretched on that size rim which is same size rim as 7.2 GT3 RS and GT2 RS. The above tyre sizes are fine with the awd system too as rolling circumference within less than 3% Porsche tolerances.

Surprised your wheel vendor doesn't know all this considering he's just parted you with £5.5k for some very nice wheels :thumbs:

Not a fan of the aftermarket wheels but then again it's not my car. Only one person needs to like them - the owner.

Lights do make it look more modern.

I have the smoked dectanes on the rear of mine and think they're great, wished I'd have gone smoke on the front DRLs too as they look a little too blingy in clear!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back