Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap boxster for euro trip

silvermilnec

Hi guys, I'm from the 997 forum :bye:
I'm doing a driving trip to Monza for a friend 50th birthday.

One of the guys is British but works in America and will be flying over to do the trip. He looked at hiring but it's over £3k plus Insurance.

We thought we could buy a cheap boxster and then just sell it when we got back. What the most reliable boxster? Do you think a budget of £5000 to £7000 would get us there and back lol

So best boxster for reliability and to re sell?

Or are we mad :floor:

140+k on my 986S and still going strong!

2nd one I've had and I've never had any trouble with either of them.

Get one with some miles on it so that the IMS risk is reduced (if it hasn't gone by 90k miles it isn't going to) and make sure the hood works well with no jerkiness of crunching.

The 2.7 is a beauty but the S will always be more saleable due to te extra power and spec.

£7k will get you a half decent car and if you buy it privately you won't lose any money on it. In fact I doubt you'd even sell it after a tour in it with the top down.

I can honestly say my S is the best car I've ever owned bar none, including all the porches I've owned (and the turbo I've still got).

:thumb:

I have just completed a Euro trip in my 2.5 tip including stretching its legs to an indicated 150 on the autobahn.
There were two 986 S models in our gang and both said they had to absolutely wring the necks of their cars to pull away from me,my point bring don't dismiss the smaller engined models.

Thanks guys! I'd read that the 2.5 was lighter and simpler to work on so was a good start, I know the S will be a hoot, I do agree if I like it I'll take it of my mates hands :hand: I've got plenty of time to play with need it for mid august.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back