Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alternative Alternator

ColinC

My alternator bearing is a bit like me - getting grumblier - Its a Bosch one and I suspect original. I see the Lucas version is over £100 cheaper are they interchangeable?

Oh - doing the RS pulley at the same time :thumbs:

........ refurb the existing one? ....... :dont know:

........ but if it is starting to "screech" sooner is better than later .......

Yes....did consider that option however similar cost if not more than a large European parts dealer with discount codes - especially for the Lucas one which, with a bit of research have discovered it's a returned/refurbished Bosch - ain't the web wonderfully and full of stuff!

Colin ....... whatever your decision I hope you have good result ....... :)

Hi Colin

Whichever unit you decide to go for, when you pick it up, do check the splines in the mani shaft are in good condition

Thanks for the info that is a good price - when I dismantled everything its actually the impeller bearing making 'most' of the noise so the alternator probably has a few miles in it yet - having said that with discount codes and a previous credit I got the Lucas one from ECP for under a £100 so seemed sensible to replace when I had everything out...got one to dismantle now!

Now to paint the housing and fan or not, to be honest the fan has cleaned up nicely.... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back