Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 10
997 : 2004- 68
996 : 1997-2005 40
993 : 1993-1998 8
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 19
Cayenne : 2003- 9
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
James M-S
Trainee


Joined: 11 Apr 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Derby


PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have booked my fitting for the 11th at my local specialist, hope it's here in time!
_________________
Manual 997.2 c2 :Basalt + gtechniq
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
deece
Newbie


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 25



PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 orders placed, just need 99ha to call and order now!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
99ha
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2016
Posts: 15
Location: Bedfordshire


PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for organising guys.

I have phoned up and ordered. Will be having mine fitted by them too.

Regards
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Shaoxter
Hockenheim


Joined: 06 Nov 2014
Posts: 735



PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James M-S wrote:

I'll have to get some drive-by vids made of before and after for 3.6 DFI non-PSE.

I did intend to make a before/after vid but got a stern telling off by a neighbour... so I don't think a video with the bypass will go down well!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Cy00
Newbie


Joined: 09 May 2017
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ongoing group buys for the h&s bypass pipes right now? Would be interested in a set
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
chris-chaloner
Newbie


Joined: 14 May 2016
Posts: 9



PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a week of listening to GT3's I now find my 4s sounds all so quiet even with PSE. If we can get a further group purchase I'd happily add my name to the list.
_________________
997.2 4S
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Yas Marina


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 8492
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys thats 2 of you, H&S only need 5 for a group buy worth contacting them and then refresh the thread every few days until you have the 5 interested parties. Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
James M-S
Trainee


Joined: 11 Apr 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Derby


PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cy00 wrote:
Any ongoing group buys for the h&s bypass pipes right now? Would be interested in a set


It might be worth seeing if you can piggy back onto the last one. Give them a call.

The first pipes are dispatching tomorrow.

£400 delivered.

James
_________________
Manual 997.2 c2 :Basalt + gtechniq
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
daveessex
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2014
Posts: 16



PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called in today at H & S and met Ian.
I have arranged with him to fit one of the two spare Bypass Assemblies to my 9972s middle of next week.
So, he told me that he has one spare left, already made to fit, and happy at the discount price.
A big thank you mate for going out there and doing the deal in the first place. Megga good work!!!
Be sure to remind Ian that I am piggy backing on the work you did, so if make sure any "goodwill" comes your way for the one I bought at your negotiated discount price.
Thanks again.
Can't wait to hear that sound.
Yeah!!!

James M-S wrote:
Cy00 wrote:
Any ongoing group buys for the h&s bypass pipes right now? Would be interested in a set


It might be worth seeing if you can piggy back onto the last one. Give them a call.

The first pipes are dispatching tomorrow.

£400 delivered.

James
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
branko
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 16



PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed my 997.1 with PSE (always left on!) for a 997.2 five weeks ago and what a quiet car it was! Now had the gundo via Paul in MK and today had the bypass done by Andy at H&S and what a difference!! Back to the sound I like!! What a great job and attention to detail is massive. All made there and the bolts were a sod to take off as always said Andy and mine was one of the last 997.2 cars!! Have lots of pics but not too sure how to put them all up!?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
branko
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 16



PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great video and shows what happens:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JxkzWTcs6k
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
James M-S
Trainee


Joined: 11 Apr 2017
Posts: 88
Location: Derby


PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.... I picked up my car today having taken the plunge and getting the H&S.



I have a 3.6 DFi without PSE, and it has always been an aural disappointment.

My previous cars have included a V8 Audi S4, mk5 Golf R32 (both with standard exhausts), but they gave a pleasing burble when under load. The Porsche engine/exhaust note has never made me wind down the windows in a tunnel!

I trawled the net for sound clips of before/after of gen2's with bypass and no PSE and there is nothing.

I must say I am a little underwhelmed with the new sound. It's only marginally different and I probably wouldn't say this is good vfm.

I hope the before and after clip below helps somebody, and I hope the rest of you that have done the group buy are more pleased than me. I'd be intrigued to hear a 3.8 DFi without PSE before & after.

(Excuse my excited colleague on the camera)

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/Tokyo_Dub/media/1ACE7622-4027-4E29-8CC1-0DC423B3D6A5.mp4.html

James
_________________
Manual 997.2 c2 :Basalt + gtechniq
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
JonnyBaddeley
Monza


Joined: 07 Feb 2017
Posts: 150



PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds better from the outside James.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
davidjf7
Hockenheim


Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 702
Location: Hertfordshire


PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you might need PSE too.

I have both and the noise with it stitched off is reasonably subtle and just right. With it on it's utterly feral Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
branko
Newbie


Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Posts: 16



PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally transformed my car and I don't know if the gundo has helped but the noise now is exactly where I want it and just as the same as my old 997.1 with PSE.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
cliffbase
Trainee


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 51



PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chaps, interested in these last few comments.

Ive just taken delivery of a C4s.2 and had the miltek bypass pipes fitted, it sounds good, im not unhappy with it as standard sounded too quiet for me.

But..... my C2.1 had a better tone, and from start up sounded like an angry volcano.

So my question is to those who have had the bypass and a gundo (I don't have PSE) is, how is it? Is it too loud? With the set up I have I could accept some more exhaust noise inside the car. I don't however want to sound like a barry boy in a Subaru!

Thanks.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
davidjf7
Hockenheim


Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 702
Location: Hertfordshire


PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffbase wrote:
Hi Chaps, interested in these last few comments.

Ive just taken delivery of a C4s.2 and had the miltek bypass pipes fitted, it sounds good, im not unhappy with it as standard sounded too quiet for me.

But..... my C2.1 had a better tone, and from start up sounded like an angry volcano.

So my question is to those who have had the bypass and a gundo (I don't have PSE) is, how is it? Is it too loud? With the set up I have I could accept some more exhaust noise inside the car. I don't however want to sound like a barry boy in a Subaru!

Thanks.


I would guess that with the bypass and gundo it will sound like bypass and PSE switched on.

I think that for me it would be too loud like that all of the time and it's nice to be able to quieten it down when you just want to be less conspicuous.

It will be a personal thing though, so if I were you I'd try to find someone near to you with that setup who's willing to take you out in their car.

Lots of helpful chaps on here Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Yas Marina


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 8492
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James M-S wrote:
So.... I picked up my car today having taken the plunge and getting the H&S.



I have a 3.6 DFi without PSE, and it has always been an aural disappointment.

My previous cars have included a V8 Audi S4, mk5 Golf R32 (both with standard exhausts), but they gave a pleasing burble when under load. The Porsche engine/exhaust note has never made me wind down the windows in a tunnel!

I trawled the net for sound clips of before/after of gen2's with bypass and no PSE and there is nothing.

I must say I am a little underwhelmed with the new sound. It's only marginally different and I probably wouldn't say this is good vfm.

I hope the before and after clip below helps somebody, and I hope the rest of you that have done the group buy are more pleased than me. I'd be intrigued to hear a 3.8 DFi without PSE before & after.

(Excuse my excited colleague on the camera)

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/Tokyo_Dub/media/1ACE7622-4027-4E29-8CC1-0DC423B3D6A5.mp4.html

James


James , I hear what your saying about just the bypass not being that lovely sound and my suggestion is either get a gundo done locally or get carnewal to do the internal mod to your existing boxes , I heard a members car done with both the carnewal and bypass and thats the sound your after . Gert Carnewal did the mod while we waited at his workshop in Belgium, worth the day trip just to see his facility, and what a nice guy Thumb

the sound from a gundo depends on the bore of the pipe used so best ask what guys are using and what works best for your ears. Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.

Last edited by Phil 997 on Mon May 22, 2017 11:33 am; edited 2 times in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Yas Marina


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 8492
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going to Simply Porsche look for forum member Medmick as he's got the carnewal interior box mod and the H&S bypass, his car sounds great not to loud just plodding around the town in low revs but rev it and it really wakes up. Thumb He had it done a few weeks ago when we were on our way back from Dinslaken. Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
medmick
Silverstone


Joined: 11 Jun 2016
Posts: 128
Location: Winchester-ish


PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Anyone going to Simply Porsche look for forum member Medmick as he's got the carnewal interior box mod and the H&S bypass, his car sounds great not to loud just plodding around the town in low revs but rev it and it really wakes up. Thumb He had it done a few weeks ago when we were on our way back from Dinslaken. Thumb


Or if you are meeting at Rownhams, you can drive behind me from there Very Happy
_________________
My world is totally flat
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum