Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chris Harris's closing comment on Extra Gear re the 981 GTS

tim993

I'm sure you all saw this, but I've only just caught up:

He has just reviewed the Audi TT RS.

No, its not as good as the current Cayman - not even close.

But the car he'd actually buy would be the last of the previous generation Caymans - the GTS.

If it were ever needed, that's a proper endorsement :worship:

Yep, it was a follow up to the 718 review they did on the main show when he went to town on how the noise simply spoilt the car for him. No great surprise as he has already expressed his views of the new 4pot turbo engines.

Are Porsche "doing an F1" in that respect?

Only a few weeks back, I drove a 718 Boxster (loaner from OPC). Truly excellent car. The gimmicky boost button on the steering wheel was a bit strange and would take a bit of getting used to.

I think if you were new to Porsche, you would be perfectly happy........but returning customers........the aural experience is a disappointment IMHO.

Changing the subject a little.... I have a Cayenne S Diesel loaner at the moment.
What a beast........must be as quick as an original Turbo.
Floor it and the front end lifts like an old American muscle car.

Is it wrong for me to take these critiques as praise also for my lowly 987.1 S?

Because I do anyways :lol:

Rhodris-dad said:
Are Porsche "doing an F1" in that respect?

Only a few weeks back, I drove a 718 Boxster (loaner from OPC). Truly excellent car. The gimmicky boost button on the steering wheel was a bit strange and would take a bit of getting used to.

I think if you were new to Porsche, you would be perfectly happy........but returning customers........the aural experience is a disappointment IMHO.

Changing the subject a little.... I have a Cayenne S Diesel loaner at the moment.
What a beast........must be as quick as an original Turbo.
Floor it and the front end lifts like an old American muscle car.

I found the Cayenne S had massive turbo lag out of bends, very frustrating to drive IMHO. Hopefully the new model out later this year will be better but I prefer the Macan's

Exactly why I bought a fully loaded 981 :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back