Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

funny electrical issue

Guys and gals,

My car has done a funny thing twice now, but months apart.

Start her up and after a few seconds, the blowers stop working. Further test then show that cig lighter, wipers, demist also don't work.

Simply restart and it's fine. As I say, it's done it twice in 6 months, so I just wonder why?

Cheers, Chris

Loose or problematic relay? It's interesting that the problem is intermittent and resets once the ignition is turned off/on.

Demort,

Thanks for the info as always. Funnily enough, the key is slightly stiff to turn, not that ive ever thought it was a problem, so i'll bear this in mind as a possible fix if the problem develops further.

thanks again.

I was thinking ignition switch too.

Yeah ignition switch is where I'd start too. You'll probably find that it gets worse over time if it is the ignition switch.

This is almost certainly the ignition switch failing which is a common fault on these cars and leads to random electrical failures. This happened to mine last year and luckily it's an easy (and cheap) fix as you can replace with a VW/Audi part rather than paying £150+ for Porsche part.

Full details are here and I paid less than £20 for the part from Euro Carparts last year and took a couple of hours to fit on my driveway.....
https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/car...ABBuU1I9gnpBqv-mrRqEdlzepOaMN_pSe6zjgcltqDtzg

Could have been done a lot quicker but I was taking it easy and it was a nice sunny day 8)

that's superb Hacka1979, great info, thanks for taking the time to post. I'll get it checked out on next service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back