Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - A few weekend jobs...

Gazc2 said:
Did you not get time to polish yours then Ian doesn't look very shiny next to Chris :D

Cheers Ian, you're and Steves light donations were much appreciated :thumbs:

Out on the show circuit already boyz!
Good effort :thumb:
I think I'm going to buy one of those mops, my paints looking a bit swirly.
Actually, maybe I should just get someone who knows what they're doing to sort it :?:

Anyway Chris, wheels look snazzy :bandit:

Chief said:
Out on the show circuit already boyz!
Good effort :thumb:
I think I'm going to buy one of those mops, my paints looking a bit swirly.
Actually, maybe I should just get someone who knows what they're doing to sort it :?:

Anyway Chris, wheels look snazzy :bandit:

Keep me posted if you want an idea of what to buy to start you down the slippery slope of polishing Chief :)

Chris

Couple of better pics.

Thanks flickr.

Good work Chris....that's why you always get these ....

Attachments

• winners_badge_640x360_185.jpg
    winners_badge_640x360_185.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 16,548
deutschland-dobson said:
Couple of better pics.

Thanks flickr.

Looking great mate! Very inspirational.... you helped to get me on this slippery slope... aaaargh!

(Just sent you a pm to ask a newbie question)

Mike

Too kind gents :oops:

For every one person who likes the car there are 10 who shake their head, just not getting it. Easy to change back to standard tho, and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Chris

Chris, the paint looks wet! How the hell do you do that :?:
By the way, that's not a dig at you fellas oop Norf :lol:

Chief said:
Chris, the paint looks wet! How the hell do you do that :?:
By the way, that's not a dig at you fellas oop Norf :lol:

Simples, but time consuming.

1.Get the paint smooth and free from contaminants - spray with tar remover and decontaminant remover, then clay bar.

2. Get as many scratches out as you can and shine paint using three or two stage machine polish.

3. Hide the rest using a filling compound

4. The real trick, apply a deep wet look "show" wax, with a life of about 2 weeks. Some people go for bright shine, I like a wet look wax :thumbs:

Chris

Jesus!
Forget it, I'll live with my clean and bug free :oops:
I think I can modify and rebuild a 'Chief' project quicker than trying to achieve that Chris. As they say "I'll get my coat".

I recon you could skip step 2 and still get pretty good results in an afternoon :)

Chris

Hi Chris, did you find any of my car on flicker? I can't!

:thumbs:

igaffz said:
Hi Chris, did you find any of my car on flicker? I can't!

:thumbs:

Im struggling TBH Ian. I did find a couple on instagram (im not a member, but did a search) but they were that rubbish I didn't save them. Not worthy of the car anyway :nooo:

I'll let you know if I spot any...

Chris

Sad day that my build thread and countless others have been ruined by photobucket and their demands for payment of a huge yearly fee for third party hosting :(

There was a lot of learning on here and other forums and without the pics it just isnt going to work.

Even if I found another hosting site is would take ages to fix the links.

Anyone here on Instagram? My ID is d2bba_964 Looks like i'll be starting over!

Chris

Chris , Ian, I read on other threads that you can sign up for a week or a month....so cheaper than the 1 year and maybe you can download all of your pics in that time. Check with T8 (moderator) who has some dialogue going on it.... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back