Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre gravity review

Martian said:
Diggermeister said:
CG have two ramps and IIRC see something like 8,000 cars in the course of a year....

I think that figure has one too many noughts added! If Chris and his colleague (can't remember his name) did 3 cars per day, 365/24/7 with no holidays, that would be 1000 cars! :D
There was a bit of 'man ' maths there :hand:

Slayer said:
Martian said:
Diggermeister said:
CG have two ramps and IIRC see something like 8,000 cars in the course of a year....

I think that figure has one too many noughts added! If Chris and his colleague (can't remember his name) did 3 cars per day, 365/24/7 with no holidays, that would be 1000 cars! :D
There was a bit of 'man ' maths there :hand:
Yes, you're right but you get the gist; mostly Porsche, day in, day out.

Same, in principle, with taking the car to any other good Porsche indie, only all CG do is chassis/geo.

It has been a few weeks since I had it done at CG, I am still really pleased with the way the car is handling.

I may have got the same results taking it somewhere else, but I think for me it was a worthwhile trip. I received a good lesson on how the car should handle (I didn't really know what understeer/oversteer was!), and I now know how the car should handle when it is put right.

I also now have the settings I am happy with, and if in future I want to go elsewhere, I can get them to match these. It is certainly a worthwhile trip at least once, especially if your knowledge of handling is like mine used to be.

You are paying for the knowledge.

A lot of places can set up the car to Porsche specs, but Porsche spec on a 997 turbo will make it understeer. Also if you are running a track biased tire then the geometry needs to be different again. Knowing that x amount of camber will do this and x degrees of toe will do that is what completely transforms the way the car drives.

Rick

I have booked my C4S in to Center Gravity next month, so will share my experience thereafter.

I had my car done at CG yesterday, needed four new coffin arms and setup! What a huge difference. I didn't really have a reference point as I have only owned my car since January and I thought it was fine. Having now driven the car post set up by CG I think it is money well spent! The guys there are great and explain everything. The car is smoother the steering feels much less fidgety and the ride is transformed.

Ever spent over an hour typing a detailed reply to a post only to find your lap top goes wobbly and throws you out LOOSING ALL YOUR TEXT !!!!! :evil: :damn:

I'm not going to do it all again , but will say that I was very satisfied with my recent visit to Centre Gravity for geometry work. Cost £325 for four hours work from Pete and Chris. It revealed minute details that I had either not noticed or missed and they certainly know their onions. I would not hesitate to recommend them an would go back if more work required.

PM me if anyone wants details. thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back