Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Serious flaw with the GTS

RichB888

Im loving the experience since buying my GTS last year... BUT.

There seems to be a major flaw in the driving experience.. (im joking but Im surprised non the less).

Just where are you meant to put your sunglasses??! I thought there's bound to be some clever little hidey-hole convenient to the driver.. but no, i cant find one anywhere?

The pocket in the door arm rest is quite awkward to reach and open once driving and the glove box is too far away and difficult if there is a passenger sat there.

Any good ideas where to store glasses when not using them please??

:?:

On top of your head of course :thumb:

2788356-6641774819-UOg4n.gif

Envy

Attachments

• 2014_volkswagen_tiguan_tdi_sunglass_holder_905.jpg
    2014_volkswagen_tiguan_tdi_sunglass_holder_905.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 3,030
RichB888 said:
Just where are you meant to put your sunglasses??! I thought there's bound to be some clever little hidey-hole convenient to the driver.. but no, i cant find one anywhere?

The pocket in the door arm rest is quite awkward to reach and open once driving and the glove box is too far away and difficult if there is a passenger sat there.

Use it a bit and you will soon get accustomed to using the door pocket. There isn't really a better option I am afraid (unless you have flat non-wrap-around glasses which aren't in a case which fit in the slot in front of the gearstick).

The door pockets are great though. In the drivers side I have a high-vis vest, a pyrotechnic fire extinguisher and a pair of Oakleys and in the passenger side another vest, tyre pressure gauge and small roll of duct tape. Style it out - you will learn to love them. :thumb:

under the sun visor works with the logic being if you need the sunvisor down you will need your glasses ?

wow, its not just me then! :lol:

Ive bought some slim ones which just about fit in the centre console compartment.

I actually bought a stick on mesh storage net to put them in, but couldnt bring myself to attach it because its so plasticky.

Folding rayban wayfarers in the dash tray, :thumb: :grin:

Leave them unfolded upside down straddling the chrono clock, well that's what it's for isn't it :floor:

Just tint your windscreen to 50% dark and jobs a Goodun. You will save 35g in weight over the Rayban option meaning guaranteed sub three second 0-60 times for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back