Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres ...

DRZ911 said:
Depending on your model of 991, you may find that the list of N-rated tyres is frustratingly and infuriatingly short. :sad:

yeh i just checked, for a 991.1 C2S it's either Pirelli P-Zero or Dunlop sport maxx race, can't exactly get excited about those!!! :sad:

Methodman said:
yeh i just checked, for a 991.1 C2S it's either Pirelli P-Zero or Dunlop sport maxx race, can't exactly get excited about those!!! :sad:
I would only rate the Pirelli N0 tyres at 6 out of 10 for hard road driving in the dry. Have never thought they were that great. :what:

Weejimmy says that the more recent Pirelli N1 rated version is a marked improvement, so will be interesting to hear your comments should you go for them.

DRZ911 said:
I would only rate the Pirelli N0 tyres at 6 out of 10 for hard road driving in the dry. Have never thought they were that great. :what:

Weejimmy says that the more recent Pirelli N1 rated version is a marked improvement, so will be interesting to hear your comments should you go for them.

I don't even know if i'd rate them that high, agree they're not that great at all! I'm offshore just now so will go into my local OPC when i get back and see what they have to offer, might give the N1's a go...

i have to replace my pzero's soon. I have 245 front and 295's rear. The N1's only seem to come in 305's for the rear. Anyone know if i can fit the newer N1 305's on the rear of a 2012 C2S and stay within warranty restrictions?

Greendale said:
i have to replace my pzero's soon. I have 245 front and 295's rear. The N1's only seem to come in 305's for the rear. Anyone know if i can fit the newer N1 305's on the rear of a 2012 C2S and stay within warranty restrictions?

And stay within warranty restrictions? Oh Christ, I very much doubt that. OPC? No chance.

Greendale said:

Ask your OPC for a quote and see what tyre model and sizes they come back with. Mine offered N1's with 305s on my 2014 C4s, but my N0's were also 305 not 295's!

If an OPC offers N1's on 305's you are on solid ground re: the warranty.

rabbitstew said:
Anyone know of any decent tyre fitters around Cambridge?

Definitely NOT 'F1 Autocentres' on Barnwell Road, I took my Cayman there with tyres from Blackcicrles and they marked the rims, now have lacquer lift both sides.

The return of Marty Wild said:
rabbitstew said:
Anyone know of any decent tyre fitters around Cambridge?

Definitely NOT 'F1 Autocentres' on Barnwell Road, I took my Cayman there with tyres from Blackcicrles and they marked the rims, now have lacquer lift both sides.

Eeeek, no i think i will be avoiding places like that and Kwikfit. But it is a minefield. Ive emailed 4 separate tyre fitting companies ive found online earlier in the week and none of them have bothered replying.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back