Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

BECKER

LSDFJ00

To my dear erudite friends on here...

I have been offered a Becker Indianapolis Pro BE7955 radio (with disc) for my 993 and have a few questions for you all...

Will it sound better than my current 90's style Pioneer Mosfet 50wx4 ?
Is it reasonably priced at £233 (incl code) ?
Would you fit a radio that's black with blue illumination?

If not what would you recommend please ?

Would I fit something with blue illumination? No.

Personally, I've always preferred the look of Blaupunkt (squarer lines, mounting holes that match the AC unit) and have settled on an RTM127 (tried a couple of others). I have two, so the other one is listed in the classified section.

wvE8WSQ.jpg

Lots of Becker fans on here though who could advise on price etc.

Price seems reasonable, i've paid similar amount for one on Ebay for my 964. Ensure you test it out that it works. Can't comment on sound comparison but IMO all 993's should have a Becker :thumbs:

Sound is good but as said amber is the one to go for, red is a nono it hurts my eyes. The Cascade has the best spec but Indianapolis looks right as does the Continental. The Porsche Classic is overpriced for the spec. and imho not as good as the Cascade.

Blue (and Green) display is not acceptable for a 993 unless it looks period and you dont turn it on. Red is also a bit iffy amongst the Illuminati

It's on a par with turning up at a meet and having no wiper widget :what:

I'd be inclined to drop in one of those ToreB sells :thumb:

Thanks guys!
I'll be very happy to prolong the Easter campaign for you guys, and you get the Continental head unit with PORSCHE label and a mini 32GB memory stick for free, very convenient for use in these head units. Free shipping too.
I have a rush of 928, 964, 993 and 996/Boxster owners here in Oslo now that want the DAB-enabled Continental 7418.

Cheers,
Tore

No bluetooth though you got to have bluetooth, ive fitted a Alpine head unit and it looks beaut in the 993 very suttle colouring display. Will send pics

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess I shall just have to hang on for an Amber display Becker as it really does seem to suit the 993.

On a final note, I have seen various Becker (amber illumination) models advertised on Ebay for what appears to be very low prices in the current market...Between £100 and £200. However, these items always seem to be advertised from Lithuania, Russia and other Eastern European locations. What are your thoughts on one of these?

I recently went for a Becker Cascade, purchased from a UK trader on Ebay (robmarrs). I noticed the Eastern European sellers when I was looking and was half tempted by the prices. I think as long as you pay with PayPal and have the Ebay money back guarantee you would be fairly safe. Ebay seem to be pretty hot on siding with buyers when it comes to disputes in my experience.

There was a Cascade for sale on this forum a couple of weeks ago for what I thought was a fair price. Might be worth a look as obviously the Cascade is the best looking unit you can get for the 993. :wink:

LSDFJ00 said:
On a final note, I have seen various Becker (amber illumination) models advertised on Ebay for what appears to be very low prices in the current market...Between £100 and £200. However, these items always seem to be advertised from Lithuania, Russia and other Eastern European locations. What are your thoughts on one of these?

They're worth a punt with PayPal guarantee. I'm not sure how Lithuania is the centre for all car parts but there's lots of it :?:

If you don't get the code eBay is your friend for c£5 :grin:

Becker
One that has Bluetooth to your phone
Use the preouts with a quality capable 50wattsx4 amp.
Sound from any unit is dependant on using the preouts.
Built in amps are just a bit tiny.
And all that malarkey with cds is so last century.

Nothing looks as good as a Becker in a 911

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back