Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Gert Carnewal fitted his modified GT exhaust on the way back from Dinslaken last week. Even Phil was impressed with the new noise!

Les said:
Thanks to a small stone from the car in front, I've just fitted a new pair of new condensers.

Sorry to hear that, would something like a zunsport grille have prevented that from happening?

997ant said:
A minor sevice,brake fluid change and 12 months mot

Thanks to D & G at silverlink,good lads.

Been told about them, out of interest what sort of money do they charge for the minor service? I'm not due till next nov but will probably use them as they are pretty close to me

Scratch that, just found their pricing on website, seems pretty reasonable to me :thumb:

D & G are a great bunch, certainly best in NE for me. Picking up the 997.1 from them tomorrow after some brake pipe replacement, water hose replacements, brake fluid change, and exhaust stud rework.

medmick said:
Gert Carnewal fitted his modified GT exhaust on the way back from Dinslaken last week. Even Phil was impressed with the new noise!

I was mick, that and the H&S BYPASS give a nice growl. :thumb: and his workshop was amazing , I did not expect that or the collection of 993's he had there.

Alfaian said:
Looks fantastic rob :thumb:

Would look even better lowered :grin:

Yes, near the top of my ever increasing list of stuff to do! Later in the year I think, need to recover from recent expenditure :lol:

Got my wheels referbished by Kerbed in Sussex.
And they put the caps on the right way round 😜

wheel.jpg

Wheels look great......is that wheel arch paintwork chromed? Looks unusual...

It's just the shine from the car wash lol.

4 discs, pads, wear sensors, anti-squeal discs (2 sets of 4 because i didnt know which size i needed 28/30mm), 4 Michelin Supersports that i need to order this week, and a trip to CG last week for Geo!

And i booked it in to OPC this morning for a new Ashtray unit and power socket.

This forum needs an 'empty pockets' emoticon.

A gen 2 steering wheel to replace the fugly triangular multifunction one.

Attachments

• image_485.jpeg
    image_485.jpeg
    832.7 KB · Views: 5,405
That looks so much better really updates the interior :thumb:

Thanks. I was toying with idea of a gen 1 sport wheel and went as far as buying a round airbag but then this gen 2 one came up at sensible money. So if anyone is in the market for a gen 1 round airbag let me know, it's now surplus to requirements.

J Holmes said:
A gen 2 steering wheel to replace the fugly triangular multifunction one.

Lovely :thumb: where did you buy the wheel and airbag? Porsche offer the wheel at a good price, it;s just getting hold of the airbag!

Nice shiny RSS engine mounts :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back