Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Precious Pricing

Hmm, just looked up Rachel Riley and can confirm she is indeed a hottie...

What's this thread about again??

Norfolk & Idea said:
Hmm, just looked up Rachel Riley and can confirm she is indeed a hottie...

What's this thread about again??

There is always a downer though - She is a bit fhick

Back on topic though...

I'm told there is roughly 9 litres in the Turbo.

MisterCorn said:
I feel your pain, a true FWP. I have a 2007 DB9 on just under 9k miles, my plan is to do a few hundred miles in it per year, but each and every mile is special. My 996 turbo was bought on 21k miles and is now close to 36k. Fortunately that has been modified so is pretty much worthless anyway. If you want to drive it but don't for fear of what it might do to the future value, why not sell it now, take some profit and buy one on 60k miles that you can add 20k to. You will prpbably still have free motoring but also some money in the bank.

MC

It's not a black DB9 convertible by any chance?

No, it is grey (or as AM call it, Grigio Titanio) manual coupe, black leather interior and sportskit.

MC

Ferris: Look, it's real simple. Whatever mileage we put on, we'll take off.
Cameron: How?
Ferris: We'll drive home backwards

Bought my Turbo nine years ago with the sole purpose of driving it because at that time they where depreciating big style, I will never reach my buying price 90K and I am seventy years young so looking forward to driving it until I kick the bucket :D

Lordglenmorangie said:
Bought my Turbo nine years ago with the sole purpose of driving it because at that time they where depreciating big style, I will never reach my buying price 90K and I am seventy years young so looking forward to driving it until I kick the bucket :D

Well said chum. I'll drink a dram and salute you :salut:

jotaking said:
With the recent gains on prices I am now finding myself getting a little precious over mileage and condition!

My odometer is at 9200 miles ready to hit the "collector wall" at 10K and therefore be worthless.

Should I cash out and get a 996 or cash in and get a GT3 or stick and wait until they hit 250K next spring? :floor:

:hand: Chum don't do your dough, perhaps you're more suited to a 993? The Illuminati membership will be guaranteed :roll:

I'd personally sell it and maybe re-buy another one with a stack of miles on it already so you don't feel so bad, which will give you a spare chunk of cash spare too.

Driver or speculator ?
Use it on sunny days and enjoy it, long time dead, Ferdinand built them to be used, mine has relatively low mileage but gets used on a regular basis in the good weather, okay it' s not a turbo and the residuals are not on the same scale.
Would you be thinking the same if it was only worth around 30k and still depreciating.
If not in desperate need of the money cherish and enjoy it and it will still be worth more then you paid for it.
I run a 944 Turbo S (genuine M758 car) only 40 odd left in the UK gets loved and treated like a baby, it also gets used and will be going to Spa in September, the value is on the rise but I will still drive it and don't bother about the miles now on 126k, condition alone would sell the car if I was to sell it, I intend to be buried in it so value does not really matter a jot :thumbs:

Each to his own and all that, but I find this kind of post slightly sad. I can see why one might possibly invest in a classic car like an ageing Ferrari and keep it "on bricks", but this is a full on Porsche FFS - even in plain C2 form the 2nd gen cars are a thrill to drive and fully deserve the "supercar" badge.

You may hold different religious views but I work on the well known principle - one life - live it. Sell the bloody turbo and get a Porsche you can drive without wetting yourself over the residuals. :)

Personally I would sell it and buy a nice 997.2 Turbo with PDK and 50,000 miles on the clock and drive the tyres off of it! :thumbs:

basildon993 said:
Personally I would sell it and buy a nice 997.2 Turbo with PDK and 50,000 miles on the clock and drive the tyres off of it! :thumbs:

Good idea :)

Mothball it (oil service every other year) and buy a five grand Boxster.

As ever, some good advice and comments. :worship:

Still sitting on the fence though....

Options are....

Keep the 997 turbo, car cover, garage and get a 996 C4S high miler to gallivant around in.

Side note...I only have a single garage, so 996 is going to be left in cold!

or

PX and cash for a 991 GT3 (Just waiting to see what happens to the GT market when the new one hits the road later this year)...that said..I think both the turbo and GT3 markets are showing similar gains??

or

Just keep the 997, use it sparingly and save my cash for the post brexit crash? :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back