Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Presumed hours taken vs actual hours taken

116618LN said:
LOL this is literally a 1 hour job including taking it on and off a lift...

So many garages literally take the p***.

It is realistically buddy 2 hours in the UK ( 0.5 for engine mounts but gearbox mount can be a PITA) - the problem is the corrosion.

When you next chat with Todd ask him when he and Cynthia came over for a month how shocked they were at state of engines etc in UK - they just could not believe it. Mind you engines I have received from ME have been covered with sand on the other hand :grin:

OP, the best method of customer retention is when the customer turns up and the bill was less because it took less time. Unless they had two guys working on it etc then should have been charged time taken.

Ken

If it took over 3 hours or even four hours or had two people on the job, I would understand and would pay.

However, I was there, I waited with the car.

The job started at 8:15am 9the point at which the car was driven into the garage and I was asked whether I wanted a drink. The car hit the ramp 15 minutes later. I waited with the car. 10am I was presented for a bill for 3.5 hours.

Go figure. :? :roll:

It's ok. I moving on.

Oh yeah. It looks like the engine mounts were inserted incorrectly, (now the RSS engine mounts were inserted incorrectly). Dealing with that mystery now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back