Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group Buy - H&S Bypass - 997.2 - June 2016

After a week of listening to GT3's I now find my 4s sounds all so quiet even with PSE. If we can get a further group purchase I'd happily add my name to the list.

Guys thats 2 of you, H&S only need 5 for a group buy worth contacting them and then refresh the thread every few days until you have the 5 interested parties. :thumb: :thumb:

Cy00 said:
Any ongoing group buys for the h&s bypass pipes right now? Would be interested in a set

It might be worth seeing if you can piggy back onto the last one. Give them a call.

The first pipes are dispatching tomorrow.

£400 delivered.

James

Called in today at H & S and met Ian.
I have arranged with him to fit one of the two spare Bypass Assemblies to my 9972s middle of next week.
So, he told me that he has one spare left, already made to fit, and happy at the discount price.
A big thank you mate for going out there and doing the deal in the first place. Megga good work!!!
Be sure to remind Ian that I am piggy backing on the work you did, so if make sure any "goodwill" comes your way for the one I bought at your negotiated discount price.
Thanks again.
Can't wait to hear that sound.
Yeah!!!

James M-S said:
Cy00 said:
Any ongoing group buys for the h&s bypass pipes right now? Would be interested in a set

It might be worth seeing if you can piggy back onto the last one. Give them a call.

The first pipes are dispatching tomorrow.

£400 delivered.

James

Changed my 997.1 with PSE (always left on!) for a 997.2 five weeks ago and what a quiet car it was! Now had the gundo via Paul in MK and today had the bypass done by Andy at H&S and what a difference!! Back to the sound I like!! What a great job and attention to detail is massive. All made there and the bolts were a sod to take off as always said Andy and mine was one of the last 997.2 cars!! Have lots of pics but not too sure how to put them all up!?

So.... I picked up my car today having taken the plunge and getting the H&S.

I have a 3.6 DFi without PSE, and it has always been an aural disappointment.

My previous cars have included a V8 Audi S4, mk5 Golf R32 (both with standard exhausts), but they gave a pleasing burble when under load. The Porsche engine/exhaust note has never made me wind down the windows in a tunnel!

I trawled the net for sound clips of before/after of gen2's with bypass and no PSE and there is nothing.

I must say I am a little underwhelmed with the new sound. It's only marginally different and I probably wouldn't say this is good vfm.

I hope the before and after clip below helps somebody, and I hope the rest of you that have done the group buy are more pleased than me. I'd be intrigued to hear a 3.8 DFi without PSE before & after.

(Excuse my excited colleague on the camera)

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/Tokyo_Dub/media/1ACE7622-4027-4E29-8CC1-0DC423B3D6A5.mp4.html

James

I suspect you might need PSE too.

I have both and the noise with it stitched off is reasonably subtle and just right. With it on it's utterly feral :thumb:

Totally transformed my car and I don't know if the gundo has helped but the noise now is exactly where I want it and just as the same as my old 997.1 with PSE.

Hi Chaps, interested in these last few comments.

Ive just taken delivery of a C4s.2 and had the miltek bypass pipes fitted, it sounds good, im not unhappy with it as standard sounded too quiet for me.

But..... my C2.1 had a better tone, and from start up sounded like an angry volcano.

So my question is to those who have had the bypass and a gundo (I don't have PSE) is, how is it? Is it too loud? With the set up I have I could accept some more exhaust noise inside the car. I don't however want to sound like a barry boy in a Subaru!

Thanks.

cliffbase said:
Hi Chaps, interested in these last few comments.

Ive just taken delivery of a C4s.2 and had the miltek bypass pipes fitted, it sounds good, im not unhappy with it as standard sounded too quiet for me.

But..... my C2.1 had a better tone, and from start up sounded like an angry volcano.

So my question is to those who have had the bypass and a gundo (I don't have PSE) is, how is it? Is it too loud? With the set up I have I could accept some more exhaust noise inside the car. I don't however want to sound like a barry boy in a Subaru!

Thanks.

I would guess that with the bypass and gundo it will sound like bypass and PSE switched on.

I think that for me it would be too loud like that all of the time and it's nice to be able to quieten it down when you just want to be less conspicuous.

It will be a personal thing though, so if I were you I'd try to find someone near to you with that setup who's willing to take you out in their car.

Lots of helpful chaps on here :thumb:

James M-S said:
So.... I picked up my car today having taken the plunge and getting the H&S.

I have a 3.6 DFi without PSE, and it has always been an aural disappointment.

My previous cars have included a V8 Audi S4, mk5 Golf R32 (both with standard exhausts), but they gave a pleasing burble when under load. The Porsche engine/exhaust note has never made me wind down the windows in a tunnel!

I trawled the net for sound clips of before/after of gen2's with bypass and no PSE and there is nothing.

I must say I am a little underwhelmed with the new sound. It's only marginally different and I probably wouldn't say this is good vfm.

I hope the before and after clip below helps somebody, and I hope the rest of you that have done the group buy are more pleased than me. I'd be intrigued to hear a 3.8 DFi without PSE before & after.

(Excuse my excited colleague on the camera)

http://s201.photobucket.com/user/Tokyo_Dub/media/1ACE7622-4027-4E29-8CC1-0DC423B3D6A5.mp4.html

James

James , I hear what your saying about just the bypass not being that lovely sound and my suggestion is either get a gundo done locally or get carnewal to do the internal mod to your existing boxes , I heard a members car done with both the carnewal and bypass and thats the sound your after . Gert Carnewal did the mod while we waited at his workshop in Belgium, worth the day trip just to see his facility, and what a nice guy :thumb:

the sound from a gundo depends on the bore of the pipe used so best ask what guys are using and what works best for your ears. :thumb:

Anyone going to Simply Porsche look for forum member Medmick as he's got the carnewal interior box mod and the H&S bypass, his car sounds great not to loud just plodding around the town in low revs but rev it and it really wakes up. :thumb: He had it done a few weeks ago when we were on our way back from Dinslaken. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Anyone going to Simply Porsche look for forum member Medmick as he's got the carnewal interior box mod and the H&S bypass, his car sounds great not to loud just plodding around the town in low revs but rev it and it really wakes up. :thumb: He had it done a few weeks ago when we were on our way back from Dinslaken. :thumb:

Or if you are meeting at Rownhams, you can drive behind me from there :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back