Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PSM 3 UPDATE

fastlowe

Hi, can the PSM 3 on my 2010 car be updated to 2017 road maps, because after the mother of all rows with the missus and getting lost, I'm thinking of just getting a new Garmin !! :?

I did mine and still use a Garmin / Waze... think that says a lot...

Nuff said cheers. I'll get a new Garmin :thumbs:

The last time that I checked the most up to date maps for the 997 were over 2 years old, so even if you have the most recent release they are still out of date.

I had mine updated a few months ago (2.24 with latest maps), and have done 8K miles since without any missing roads or errors.

I would love to have my 2009 car updated but I just can't justify the cost over a good portable SatNav.

They must be able to carry out the upgrade for less than the £180 I have been quoted by Leeds OPC

Up to £100 and I'd be OK

997man said:
I would love to have my 2009 car updated but I just can't justify the cost over a good portable SatNav.

They must be able to carry out the upgrade for less than the £180 I have been quoted by Leeds OPC

Up to £100 and I'd be OK

I had to do it as I wanted to connect my iPhone and the old version in my car would not do it. I paid £160 @ Portsmouth OPC, and they give you a nice Cayman for the day whilst they do it.

Les said:
I had mine updated a few months ago (2.24 with latest maps), and have done 8K miles since without any missing roads or errors.

2.24 is getting on a bit, as I had that installed on my old car in Jan 2014, and it was showing gaps not long after.

Doesn't PCM 3.1 also give you 7 digit postcodes? Could be worth the upgrade cost just for that.

2.24 gives you 7 digit codes.

Use your phone, assuming you have a smartphone. I use Google or Waze when in this country, and when offline something like Navmii which uses downloaded maps and works perfectly offline (well it has in France and Majorca!). By a screen clip thingy for your phone from ebay, and don't spend anything on a garmin! Nothing beats Waze and google nav. Even when I had my PCM2.1 still, I never used the nav as it was useless and didn't know about traffic.....

The Sat-Nav gets you close with the 7 digit postcode update but the number of times i've apparently 'reached my destination' only for me to have to get my phone out to use google maps and discover i'm about 1/2 a mile away from where i wanted to be!

I don't even bother try and use it these days!

So last week I spent a few £'s with OPC with: sport & sports plus, PSE etc etc... and one of the Tequipment items I bought was the PCM 3 map update. It's so much better, as in 100's of times better. Like most owners I lost my absolute temper with it and it's been called all the swear words under the sun. If it wasn't £2.5k I could have been physical.
Is it better, yes, mint, seven digit postcode.
Are the maps different, yes, lots more information.
Is it worth it, yes and no. Yes, because it's now simple and user friendly. No, well it is expensive compared to nipping down Halfords and spending 1/4 of the £ price.
Fors & against, well it's neat , you don't have to take it in and out and no suction ring marks.
So all in all it gets the nod from me.

If it wasn't, I'd say stick your money in the Halfords cash till.

Unless you're thinking of selling the car soon, then obviously you'd be mad or very wealthy.

MNC911, do you know what firmware level and maps (year) you went up to?

I'm on firmware 2.24 and maps 2015, wondering if there is a 2017 version Software bundle out yet?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back