Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Agreed valuation - again!

madge said:
My car sounds almost like it could be the twin of yours acme and I've just sent my valuation form to Admiral this week. I stated replacement value of £50,000.

My history file already includes a valuation certificate from them at that amount to the previous owner which would have been valid until January 2018 so I am expecting them to agree it. We'll see.

From what I can see in your pic does look the same, mines Polar with midnight.

I'm the 9th owner! And by far the longest one too. I traced the previous owners, almost everyone owned it for two years except the first three; first it was a demo, second owned it for two months (related to the OPC I think), when I asked her she said she could remember the red & yellow one but not the silver one! Third owner wasn't a Porsche guy, preferred Astons, his wife bought it as a birthday present, well she paid £1k deposit, he had to cough the other £55k!

acme said:

Not only are our cars virtually like for like but I think that they also have an illustrious aforementioned owner in common!

Small world ain't it! :grin:

madge said:
acme said:

Not only are our cars virtually like for like but I think that they also have an illustrious aforementioned owner in common!

Small world ain't it! :grin:

Who, Kim?

You must have his third one then?

I certainly can't complain mines unique, can I!

I assume Kim wins the award for the most 993's owned?!

Fwiw. Mines agreed insured for £38K , nb c2 , manual , coupe, 3 previous owners, full OPC history , pre vario , 100% complete new suspension, no hidden agendas, with 139k miles under her belt.

wozy said:
Fwiw. Mines agreed insured for £38K , nb c2 , manual , coupe, 3 previous owners, full OPC history , pre vario , 100% complete new suspension, no hidden agendas, with 139k miles under her belt.

Similar to mine except I've done 154k. Only insured for 28k :eek: Better get that changed then! Zingers will be pleased.

My independent valuation went up by £2k, mainly because i spent that on a stereo and new roof motor. means really that I got the 7000 miles i did for nothing.

MattyR said:
Similar to mine except I've done 154k. Only insured for 28k :eek: Better get that changed then! Zingers will be pleased.

What to, 25 bags :dont know:

For my Insurance revaluation I plotted on an excel graph asking price against mileage for all 993 manual coupes currently on sale on Pistonheads and Autotrader, asked Excel to create a linear best fit line through the points, plugged in my own mileage into the derived formula and came up with a valuation. I added on premiums for very rare colour and black leather, took a bunch of good photos and the Insurance company accepted this. There was a clear trend of mileage against asking price; age / varioram did not impact price trend. Notional value is significantly higher than I paid 25 months ago.

Just had my full history 97 C2 manual with 116k valued by Tipec valuation team @£50k

I personally though it was closer to £45K

So difficult to replace at any price now

:dont know:

Prices have pulled back. Rumour has it they are down 1.57% on the previous month :roll:

Zingari said:
Prices have pulled back. Rumour has it they are down 1.57% on the previous month :roll:

After 11 + years of ownership I don't give a monkeys 🐒 :floor:

Got offed 2bags profit the 996C4S yesterday at a meet , so they are on the up too :D

Be aware that unless your policy specifically states it will pay the agreed value unconditionally, then some insurers will look to pay less if market prices have dipped.

Insurance claims are damages in law - compensating the insured to the extent of a proven loss, so the insured is in same position prior to the 'clause of claim'.

So if the loss is less than agreed value, you can't make a profit from the Insurance (as could encourage false claims..).

All of this unlikely in current market assuming values stay reasonably robust.

I have mine valued at 25 bags ....... by Mr Zingari, the Insurance company had no issue with that :thumb:

I am counting my time.....when they dip back down to 2004 prices, i will strike with the venom of a black mamba.

kevsta said:
I am counting my time.....when they dip back down to 2004 prices, i will strike with the venom of a black mamba.
:thumb:
Trouble is kev there may be no petrol left by then lol. Not at the rate I'm using it anyway!
:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back