Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice needed for 911 newbie

adrian1982

Good Afternoon,

I am brand new to 911's and as a weekend, non commuter(due to nature of business i work in i cannot drive a porsche to work) i'm looking at options.

My budget is around £60-70k depending on how much finance i go for(hoping to finance less than 50%).

Would love a 991.1 C4S, mainly due to wide body but after reading mixed reviews i would be more than happy with a 991.1 C2S.

Is the S a must? the extra power as well as the much nicer exhaust tips?

PDK is a must have for me - have a 'twisted' defender and that is more than enough to keep me 'connected' with a car through a gear stick.

Black with Black - or more recently i've fallen for GT Silver, i'm yet to see one in flesh though.... Black with no silver trim is what i've always had in my head since being 17 and lusting after a 911. That colour combo seems to give you a lot of choice.

What other options are 'must haves'?

I would love a sunroof, as i like the external look and the difference they make to a small cab is dramatic, do they affect the handling as i've heard?

Carrera 20" classic wheels are also my favourite so i will be seeking these.

One of my biggest questions is OPC or not? the 2 year warranty seems to be a real selling point to me, is it as good as it looks? would you buy privately/independent dealer? How much is a 2 year warranty on a 12/13 plate?

Many thanks in advance for your time answering what after reading back seems to be a lot of questions :D

Adrian

Welcome Adrian :thumbs:

You should give Tom at 911 Virgin a call. There's also a few nice non S models at very reasonable money for sale at Portiacraft. RSJ and Stirling worth look at too. Buying from a respected Indy or OPC on a 991 C or CS you can literally go in to any showroom with your eyes closed and sign on the dotted line. Just avoid colours you do not like. They're an amazing ownership proposition and hit all the right emotional buttons IMO.

Personally I'd want the 2 year OPC warranty.

Best of luck

DD :thumbs:

Welcome Adrian :welcome:

I was in your position up until a few weeks ago when I bought my first 911.

My budget was similar to yours and I am now the proud owner of a 2014 991 C2S the car is fantastic and I'm sure you'll be happy with what ever you end up with.

Spec wise my must haves were PDK, sport chrono, PSE and I really wanted a guards red one. Luckily one came up at an opc with all of my must have and a few more including pan roof (which I love but can't comment on whether or not it affects the handling - it probably would if Walter rohl was driving but not me!)

The only thing I find strange is that it doesn't have cruise control which I thought every car costing over 5k had as standard!

One last thing, every drive is an event, it sounds unbelievable and goes like stink. I thought that my 1.0litre Ford Focus handled well but the Porsche just about pips it!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back