Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'Bang' over cats-eye

Gilesharrison

Trainee
Evening all.

I've started getting an odd noise from my 996.2 Carrera 2. When the tyres run over cats-eyes, the right wheels are nice and quiet. You get a slight noise but just the normal.

When the left tyres run over a similar cats eye, you get a real 'bang' through the cabin. It's loud to the point where it makes you jump.

I am not getting any other suspension noises at all, and the handling feels fine. I've not had it off the ground to inspect it yet and it's difficult to tell if it's coming from the front or the back.

Any suggestions?

Broken front spring?

Soft tyre pressure?

If you have never had the diagonal arms replaced then i would lean towards it being that .. a very bumpy road and they will have you cranking the radio up to max when worn.

Other than that link rod is similar in noise.

Broken front spring as said is another possible but not the rear one .. you would know about that if it had broken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back