Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Light swirls and scratches

Great, exactly what I was after. I will order some. :thumb:

e92 said:
I am thinking of polishing my car with a dual action polisher. Only thing that I'm concerned about is not knowing how thick the clear coat is. My car is 16 years old and I'm sure it would have been polished in the past. Should I be concerned or do you guys think it will be fine?

I had a job cancelled today, so decided to break out the Das6 Pro DA polisher and give it a trial run on the daily driver Merc as a sort of testing session :grin:

After a good 2 bucket wash, Farecla G3 clay mit and paint brush cleaning of all the nooks and crannies around lights, door handles and whatnot, I decided to go carefully with a soft finishing Hex-Logic pad and Zymol cleaner wax ( a sort of light polish and Carnuba wax all in one product ) and was impressed with the results and speed of use. She is never going to be a concourse winner, around 1000 miles per week sees to that, but the DA polisher does make things a lot easier and quicker than polishing by hand :thumb: ( and you can`t really do any damage to the paint/laquer with it if you start off with a gentle pad and compound ) :thumbs:

I`m going to tackle respraying the wheels tomorrow as I have turned the phone off so don`t have a job to do, lol :grin:

I`ll pop some photos up when she is all completed :thumb:

This is all in preparation to detailing my mates Audi A4 Cab that she bought at the weekend ( after my inspection of course ) and yet more wheel painting :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back