Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Some new microfiber pass for the DA polisher, thought I would give them a go instead of the usual foam pads! Ready for the first good detailing of the year when back from holiday!

BHZ661 said:
Les said:
Phil 997 said:
I like it Les pics when its on mate :thumb:

Spent some time in my local OPC measuring up the badges....

This is one of the jobs on my to do list.... how did you measure or match up, I worry I will put them on wonky!
I would probably just go with the P O R S C H E badge myself. ..
Good job!

MOT, road tax, new A/C condenser & a pair of tyre pressure sensors... Almost £500 down just putting it back on the road, & that's before the A/C re-gas 🙄😳

michaelbbwalker said:
BHZ661 said:
Les said:
Phil 997 said:
I like it Les pics when its on mate :thumb:

Spent some time in my local OPC measuring up the badges....

This is one of the jobs on my to do list.... how did you measure or match up, I worry I will put them on wonky!
I would probably just go with the P O R S C H E badge myself. ..
Good job!

I measured the spaces at the OPC but the 997 curves slightly so you need to use a tape line ,I have been told that the gap is the same width as the letters
and if you putting the 911 on make sure its leaning correctly :thumb:

New engine mounts one of mine failed miserably

Attachments

• img_0978_162.jpg
    img_0978_162.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 4,210
Some cheapie (£20) wheel caps from fleabay, arrived today and not a bad match for my OZ wheels :D Quite impressed with the quality for the money, time will tell howling they last, but for £20 don't mind changing them every year!

A visit to Reep Midland for a full (wheels off) detail inside and out, ceramic paint protection and front end PPF.

I would highly recommend Reep., the turbo looks like ew again!

DucatiRob said:
Some cheapie (£20) wheel caps from fleabay, arrived today and not a bad match for my OZ wheels :D Quite impressed with the quality for the money, time will tell howling they last, but for £20 don't mind changing them every year!

Look superb for £19.99 don't they rob :thumb:

Let's have a look then :grin:

Only fitted them today! Had a full day cleaning, claying, machine polishing and waxing today, was going to take some pics when I went out for a blast but got distracted and forgot :grin: Will take some tomorrow :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
Only fitted them today! Had a full day cleaning, claying, machine polishing and waxing today, was going to take some pics when I went out for a blast but got distracted and forgot :grin: Will take some tomorrow :thumb:

Bought a G3 Clay Mitt from halfords this morning after reading a recommendation somewhere, brilliant, so much easier than a clay bar,works really well and takes half the time :thumb:

Alfaian said:
DucatiRob said:

Look superb for £19.99 don't they rob :thumb:

Let's have a look then :grin:

Not great pics I'm afraid:

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

The colour is a little darker grey than the wheels, was intending to paint them a closer match but I think they look close enough!

Nik said:
The wheels look super !!! :worship:

Thanks Nik, I'm really pleased with them :thumb:

Looks fantastic rob :thumb:

Would look even better lowered :grin:

Thanks to a small stone from the car in front, I've just fitted a new pair of new condensers.

EIS.jpg

Later today she is off to have the wheels referbed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back