Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen and headlight washers not working

jhrfc

Just about to board channel tunnel and have noticed both aren't working, no pump noise being heard. Yes there is plenty of liquid. Any tips? Do they share a relay/ fuse?
Cheers
Jon

So headlight washers do work, but screen washers don't.
Could it be a relay?

Pop the nearside headlamp out and get tap the pump while somebody operates the washer jets see if it fires into life. Mine packed in and I did this and it started working but has since stopped working again so just about to order a new one!

rob_watti said:
Pop the nearside headlamp out and get tap the pump while somebody operates the washer jets see if it fires into life. Mine packed in and I did this and it started working but has since stopped working again so just about to order a new one!
Ah will give it a go, I had the lights out to flatten the beams for Europe, maybe that upset something.

rob_watti said:
You are a star! Worked a treat. I guess this may mean my pump is on the way out.
Cheers again!
Jon

Hi all,

Worth checking with OPC as I recently got a replacement pump with plug (You may have to change the plug on the loom as the new pumps (996 pumps I believe) have different plug connections)) for about £40.

Cheers,
Lig.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back