Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Experiences of OPC servicing

Bolton OPC have done work on my 993 and 944 but I do my own servicing. I have been very pleased with the standard of work and cost. The quoted rates seen very reasonable for a 993 service it's a pain without a lift.

I've had very good service at OPC Reading, they have the heritage or 'Oldtimer' offer (car. not the driver..). Reduced labour rates etc.

Couple of guys there very passionate on air-cooled, and fun how they take you around the car whilst it's on the lift, talk through what they've done or needs doing next time. Maybe because it's part of Porsche HQ that service is good.

And not far away is Northway who also v.good on air cooled.

That's good to know about Reading OPC. I'm tempted to give them a go for the next service, I sense my indy has little enthusiasm for the newer cars. Too busy doing rebuilds on air cooled engines (ironically!)

I was going to use OPC Reading for my last service in Dec, but when I rang they had withdrawn their 'classic' service pricing (hence I went to OPC Brooklands). However, only a short time thereafter I had a letter advertising Reading's cheaper rates again. I found both of those OPC's to be good with my turbo - Brooklands was the cheaper of the two.

Martian said:
acme said:
.....It's Colchester BTW....

Have you tried Autostrasse in Coggeshall? They're the aircooled experts in the area.

Yep, used them for years, no longer the same people.

Regarding the earlier post with relation to scratches - Bournemouth OPC also managed to scratch my paintwork whilst replacing the seals on the rear quarter windows. The did come good when I complained. They managed to get some of the black "gunk" used on the seals on the inner panels and seat belts.

My list of issues with this place goes on and on including the delivery driver wanting petrol money from me when he returned my car. I asked for the invoice and heard no more about it !!

Bag of shite.

sday12 said:
Had a very good experience with Colchester OPC this year.
Price matched £595 for major service including plugs and gearbox oil, Audi loan car. Very personable, nothing too much trouble.

Audi loan car?!

Haven't used an OPC yet but was hoping for a Cayman or Cayenne!

Robertb said:
That's good to know about Reading OPC. I'm tempted to give them a go for the next service, I sense my indy has little enthusiasm for the newer cars. Too busy doing rebuilds on air cooled engines (ironically!)

Just check your car carefully when you collect it.

My experience of how they looked after the car wasn't great, but perhaps I just got unlucky each time. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back