Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Struggling to find a coolant hose

Stoo.c

So my saga with my 986 S continues - its battling me all the way with its coolant issues. One of the hoses has sprung a pin hole leak now :sad: just as I thought it was ready to test out properly. All excited, taxed and insured, ready to hit the open road for a proper test and as usual it took about a minute of cranking before the little sod would finally start followed by lots of smoke on the drive to my workshop. when I got there and looked underneath, all my lovely new coolant making a break for freedom with a jet of coolant from a pin hole leak shooting at the exhaust manifold :lol:

Regardless i need to replace the pipe but for the life of me I cant find it on any diagrams anywhere or know exactly what its called so I'm calling on you fine people to put me out of my misery.

Its a 3way hose with one of those plastic splitter bits in the middle and I cant remember exactly what it joins to. One bit definitely goes to (or comes from) the heaters and I'm pretty sure one goes to the thermostat or waterpump. Its the only 3way hose that right next to the pump and thermostat but I cant seem to see it anywhere on the Design911 parts diagrams. They do have 2 x 3way hoses listed on the site for a 986 and one I can tell its definitely not.

Yes I should have it sitting in front of me and this would be far easier but its still attached to the Boxster and I'm sitting at work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Better still if its the same part as found on the 996 3.6 engine then I'm laughing as I have a spare everything from when the engine let go including all the hoses.

Ok so I think I've found it and on the Design911 website it appears to be listed as a 987 or Cayman part but as far as I can tell anywhere else, this must be the hose as some US sites list it for the 986 as well.

Part number is 99610622217 - can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• hose_167.jpg
    hose_167.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,406
Yes correct - its the yellow arrowed one that I need. Checking that parts diagram link you sent, its number 10 and the part number shows as 99610622215 which is now superceded by the part number I have posted above (ending 17) so looks like we have found it. Now to find the cheapest place to buy it :)

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back