Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Cup Pipe...

Chris G

Hey,

I need a Cup Pipe for my 964 as the last bit for my exhaust, where is the best place to order one from? Seen some in Germany from eBay for £140, which is a bit cheaper than Design 911, not sure what the quality is like though, but guessing they can't differ that much? It is just a piece of stainless pipe surely?

Thanks,

Chris

Dansk make one Chris, ask John if he can price one from ECP and see if its competetive.

Yeah will give them a call. It's going back in for a bit of a service now I've finally ran it in after the rebuild and to get the heat exchangers, maybe the cat and a final silencer fitted.

John was saying they used to gut half the cats, might go for that as thinking a full cat might not give me the sound I want, but decat probably too loud? Will get on YouTube and find some videos after

I'm in the same boat - thinking about fitting a cup pipe. The easiest option being the one from design911 DesignTech but there are some other options from Porsche Shop and type911. Not really sure what's the difference if at all... I've looked at a number of videos and I know decat and Cup pipe is not for me as this makes the car too loud in my opinion. Although my 964 is H ref so I could get away with no cat at all I think I will retain the stock unit for now as it appear to be in a good condition- My car has only done 60K miles since new.
Keep me posted if you find something suitable!

I take it you're keeping the secondary silencer if using a Cup :dont know:

I'm keeping the secondary silencer yes. I was going to keep the decat that's already installed, hard to tell how loud it will be from you tube videos.

I use a cat bypass which also contains a baffle, it was made by turbo thomas. Its worth bearing in mind that the tailpipe has quite an impact on tone and loudness, one reason I took off the 4"? Dansk tip and replaced it with a standard tip.

I've got a standard pipe to go on. I'm hoping it sounds right, if not will look at doing something with the cat. I'm sure Jonny said they used to gut half the cat and put them in like that?

Next time you are in U11 if you let me know you can take the cup pipe off mine to try it and see how she sounds.
Back in the Cup racing days they used to open up the cats and remove some of the material inside. I thought yours didn't have an original cat tbh but its an option if you do.

Thanks for the offer Rob, it's booked in on the 12th June to get everything fitted. I've got a standard cat, it's just not fitted at the minute. Got some heat exchangers and a final silencer from the States and a new cup pipe to go on as well. Then just need to get the near side bumper corner without the cutout painted and fitted.

And then once I'm happy with the sound, a trip to see Wayne at ChipWizards for a map

Got the car back yesterday and I could not stop grinning all the way home, absolutely made up with how the car sounds now. Pretty sure if its in my head, but seems to drive different as well, maybe a little more power. Not sure, but I'm looking forward to getting it out the garage in a couple of hours!

Nice system fitted now Chris. A bit of back pressure certainly makes the car feel stronger through the midrange. I doubt that boom box fitted before had much before.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back