Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Unused 'Barn find' 964 RSR 3.8

tim993

(Sorry mods if this has already been posted / please delete etc.)

I wonder what this will fetch?

http://www.classicandperformancecar...rrera-rsr-3-8-heading-to-rm-sotheby-s-auction

That is one special interior too - reminds me a bit HPNer's. Though it may look a bit brash in print, can can red looks amazing in the flesh.

new-1993-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-3-8-heading-to-rm-sotheby-s-auction-5628_15769_969X727.jpg

new-1993-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-3-8-heading-to-rm-sotheby-s-auction-5628_15771_969X727.jpg

new-1993-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-3-8-heading-to-rm-sotheby-s-auction-5628_15773_969X727.jpg

new-1993-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-3-8-heading-to-rm-sotheby-s-auction-5628_15774_969X727.jpg

1.5m+

Looks great, but that interior needs toning down a tad!
Some black carpet, gear lever gaiter, window handles etc would help. Bit out of my price bracket though ☹️

Ok then, if the purchaser cleans the delivery wax off it, will that add or reduce its value?

Quick wipe over with a damp rag and that will shine up lovely :thumbs:

I can't see it making any less than the 993 GT2 auctioned last year - 25 bags :dont know:

Does make you wonder though, doesn't it?

One Sheik to another

"I'm sure that I bought I Porsche a few years back, but I can't for the life of me remember where I left it....."

It is insane, what a waste

I think it's fair to say the service history is going to be non existent..... :floor:

Many moons ago...like 27 years ago, I bought a second hand, five year old
Guards Red 3.2 Carrera with a one off Can Am red interior.
The dash board, gear lever, centre console, door trims etc were all done in the
same gaudy Can Am red. The seats were cream leather with 'orrible red piping
and tbh the interior was nauseating, to make things even worse the gear lever
knob was gold !.

Suffice to say that I loved the car from the outside...Guards Red, colour coded
wheels, whale tail spoiler...Carrera Sport 3.2...a gorgeous car, and it was a low
miler, one owner car, full history too.
However, I had to close my eyes and brain to the truly outrageous and over
the top intereior colour scheme. This car looks to my eye even more over the
top as it's just so 'RED'.....even more than my old Carrera.

Someone will have it for 1.750...lol....he or she will need sun glasses though. :bye:

The interior doesn't matter - that will go straight into a collection. Nobody is ever actually going to sit in it and drive it :nooo:

There is no reason to expect it to make less than the £1.8m GT2 IMHO. Could be really silly if the Oligarchs, sheiks and industrialists get into a bidding war with the investors over it.

Unbelievably this car was one of a pair apparently...thread over on PH about it with a photo of it and a white (high mileage with 40 miles on it!). White one went to Texas a couple of years ago apparently! This car has apparently been up for sale privately for some time for less than it sold at auction...

nick w said:
Many moons ago...like 27 years ago, I bought a second hand, five year old
Guards Red 3.2 Carrera with a one off Can Am red interior.
The dash board, gear lever, centre console, door trims etc were all done in the
same gaudy Can Am red. The seats were cream leather with 'orrible red piping
and tbh the interior was nauseating, to make things even worse the gear lever
knob was gold !.

That wouldn't be the one that got you into the papers would it Nick :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back