Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C2S or E92 M3?

The M4 will be a significant step on from the A45 & Golf R.

I did look at the Golf R before settling on the A45 due to the (imho) better interior and stronger resale.

Had a run against an M4 when in the R8 and got mullered, no contest. The car looked a handful though.

Northerner said:
The M4 will be a significant step on from the A45 & Golf R.

I did look at the Golf R before settling on the A45 due to the (imho) better interior and stronger resale.

Had a run against an M4 when in the R8 and got mullered, no contest. The car looked a handful though.

M4 competition pack is superb however the earlier M4s struggle for grip.
Had the rear tyres spinnng up at 80mph on the motorway last week.

I was under the impression that a Golf R with a 400bhp remap would be quicker than an M4.

Would also expect a mapped A45AMG to be as quick as an M4.

If not I would definitely opt for an M4.

A remapped A45 will get to 60 @ 3.8 and to 100 @ 8.9. From memory, Evo tested the revo mapped Golf R and got roughly the same figures.

The M4 comp can get to 100 under 8 secs but if its like the M5, it will struggle to get the power down from a standing start. From a rolling start, the M4 will show them a clean pair of heels.

As I had the M5, i went for the A45 but if i didnt, i'd have the M4 over the A45.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back