Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

I saw a beautiful camper coming the other way recently, he waved back. I figured well this Cayman has shared history and that's a beautiful example.

I made it to the Preston Super Car meet this morning despite only getting in in the early hours, my daughter woke me and with the sun shining thought I would take the chance to clear my head with some fresh air roof down :thumb:

Gave up trying to get a cuppa when the wait was 20 min so just browsed around. Good to see some old pork their including a couple of 993's but no sign of the owners to chat to.

3 BGTS :eek: , common as muck. I spotted the owners by the big grin on their faces :worship:

One guy had traded in his long term 997 turbo a few weeks ago and was loving the BGTS aural sensations. Good to see more are seeing the light :grin:

Sir appears to have his rear fin wash button accidentally pressed :lol:

congrats on your gts JonnTT, great to read about it from someone whose point of reference is a 993. The fact that it makes you smile on a b-road blat as much as your 993 is high praise indeed!

Couple of questions:

- can the passenger seat airbag of the gts be disabled for a child seat?
- have you driven the new 991.2, if so how does it compare to the gts and/or your 993?

I'll be in the mkt next year for a p-car friend to join the 993, was set on a base 991.2 but your high praise for the boxster gts has got me thinking maybe cayman gts is the ticket! :?:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Sir appears to have his rear fin wash button accidentally pressed :lol:

I used it to wash under after I noted some dirt seepage the last time I washed it :roll: Its so well engineered I thought I would leave it up as otherwise I never get to see it :grin:

badlands said:
congrats on your gts JonnTT, great to read about it from someone whose point of reference is a 993. The fact that it makes you smile on a b-road blat as much as your 993 is high praise indeed!

Couple of questions:

- can the passenger seat airbag of the gts be disabled for a child seat?
- have you driven the new 991.2, if so how does it compare to the gts and/or your 993?

I'll be in the mkt next year for a p-car friend to join the 993, was set on a base 991.2 but your high praise for the boxster gts has got me thinking maybe cayman gts is the ticket! :?:

I've not driven a 991.2, my reference is 991.1 Turbo S and GT3. There GT3 is not really a road car for me, prefer the Turbo S. I usually prefer NA cars but its just too compromised for me for road fun use. (Same with GT4's) I would have a 991 over the boxster if it where my daily but as a fun weekend car I much prefer the Boxster. IMHO it will hold its value better / total cost of ownership is lower, I prefer the looks and its just more fun, smaller, the power is "on the money" for road use and did I mention the sound.

I been to a couple of supercar shows the last few weeks and the only car that sounded as good was a 911R. The turbo S where mute, the GT3's and GT4 just sounded too harsh, the GTS on the money.

As always the fun is finding out what is the best car for you. It really is a privilege to have the choice. Porsche really have lifted their game with build quality /package with the boxster/caymans, Macans and 991's but to me the audience for the "sports" car in the range is shifting from 911 to boxster/cayman if you can get away with 2 seats. I am still shocked by the amount of positive attention the BGTS gets from joe public.

Great insights, thank you!

jonttt said:
I used it to wash under after I noted some dirt seepage the last time I washed it :roll: Its so well engineered I thought I would leave it up as otherwise I never get to see it :grin:

Certainly looks the business!

I nipped over to "cars and coffe" on the Liverpool waterfront for an hour yesturday morning, a nice variety of cars there this week including some exotica......

And I met KIT, the bloody car would not shut up (I'm not joking, the car talked constantly to you lol)

I see those bobble hats are back in fashion :thumb:

Still too cold for the "Cheshire set", where were you ?

jonttt said:
Still too cold for the "Cheshire set", where were you ?

I've lost track of what's going on. Missed Gawsworth car show today :pc: However I note there is another event 29 May for the 'young classic' models :thumb:

Well it was one of those mornings, daughter on sleep over last night, SWMBO "pottering" in the garden ........ and it was perfect polishing weather ie overcast, no sun but warmish :roll:

So I did one of those jobs I always end up putting off, polishing the alloys !

Now in days gone by it would be a wheel off job to do both sides and interior arches etc..... but I did not have time for all that malarkey so it was a quick hour job, wipe down (car was washed yesturday but I ended up on a fast road run with a Scuderia so brake dust aplenty), clay, wax, rubber treatment, done....

After quick wipe down...

After........

I finished just in time for the inevitable "are you peeling the veg" :wack:

Another hour after lunch spend waxing the boot and treating rubber seals...

Smooth as butter and whiter than white ......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back