Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Comfort Tyre Pressures or Normal

Curious2

Been using comfort tyre pressures since I got the vehicle. On a road trip next week to Dinslaken and beyond. Even on the autobahn I guess any speeds of over 160 mph will be brief and intermittent. Wondering if I should increase pressures to NORMAL range or just leave at comfort setting as virtually all motoring will be under 160 mph which Porsche handbook says is ok for comfort setting. Thoughts .....

For sustained 100mph+ driving all day long on the autobahn, would certainly recommend increasing the pressures to the NORMAL setting. In my opinion, it adds to the feeling of precision at speed.

'Comfort tyre pressure'.........how flocculent :cat:

never knew there were any different choices!? :dont know:

TPS screen on the TFT offers you the choice and then tells you the correct pressures for either. I run comfort and put the suspension into Sport via PASM when I want it a little more pointy. Works well!

I am confused ...what is ' comfort' tyre pressure ?

Where does it detail that setting and description in the manual?

I just see the 2 settings
'2 passengers'
'2 passengers plus baggage '

Nothing about 'Comfort ' ..... Surely the pressures are not defined as this ..?

T

'2 passengers'

T

911TEL said:

'2 passengers'

T

It must be the 991 models that have this?

weejimmy said:
TPS screen on the TFT offers you the choice and then tells you the correct pressures for either. I run comfort and put the suspension into Sport via PASM when I want it a little more pointy. Works well!

You've got me intrigued... never noticed that. I'll give it a press tomorrow.

Think this feature was introduced on the 991.1.

On my car, there is a COMFORT box to tick. This normally equates to 2.1 bar in the fronts and 2.3 bar in the rears (when warm).

If this COMFORT box is unticked, the pressures shown are at STANDARD, which roughly requires an extra 0.2 bar in the rears only (i.e. 2.5 bar total).

If the FULL LOAD box is then ticked, all 4 tyres need a further 0.5 bar added over STANDARD (2.6 bar in the fronts and 3.0 bar in the rears).

STANDARD offers a firmer response from the rear end over COMFORT. Worth trying to see it it suits your driving style.

I'm going to go through the menus on mine then ... I hope I don't see ' Comfort ' on it...on a Turbo S ??

'Standard' I could live with but ' comfort' .... no ,...

911TEL said:
I'm going to go through the menus on mine then ... I hope I don't see ' Comfort ' on it...on a Turbo S ??

'Standard' I could live with but ' comfort' .... no ,...

This feature wasn't on my 997 but it is on my 991

Its all pretty irrelevant system to me... depends what your load and max speed in the car is (and you're talking over 160mph so autobahn or track)... if you run higher pressure it will wear the centre of the tyres quicker, if you run lower pressure it will wear the outer edges of the tyre quicker... if you run the correct pressure to your load, you will wear evenly and have a consistent contact patch and grip.

If you are filling the back with weighty luggage then put a bit more pressure in. Otherwise don't bother IMHO. When I first started taking my previous car to the 'ring I was going down the main straight at over 170mph on PS2s at 38-39psi hot and they were fine. 39 cold (which IIRC is the comfort pressure) will be several lbs more when moving at speed - I see no cause for concern there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back