Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Hi and thanks for the observations.

I am inevitably keen to get this right first time and have read many articles before taking the plunge. I have also read about a teflon strip being installed for the squeak being either a good thing or bad with some articles saying it traps water. I am using genuine parts and the bodyshop and their glass guy have done a 993 recently. The OPC confirmed they supplied the glass and parts to the body shop / customer so I am pretty happy I am on the right track and in safe hands.

I am keen to be around when they remove the screen to see what if any work is required below also to grab some photos.

Fingers as always crossed.

KR
Mike

Ah......thought you were trying a DIY install initially.

I'm sure it will be awesome.......

Fitted that engine tidy strip thingamyjig thing at long last. I needed a little help from someone with small fingers though - but makes a world of difference :thumb:

On another note - I now want to tidy up the full engine bay a bit more now. Anyone got any tips for what to use for the plastics and alloy varioram thing?

I recently had my windscreen removed by Paul aka 'Glassman'.
The body shop tidied the scuttle up and then Paul returned to reinstall the windscreen- it's rock solid now.
While they had the car I also had the chassis legs looked at.
The rust was not as bad on the car as I expected but I'm still glad the jobs are done with.......

carkid said:
I recently had my windscreen removed by Paul aka 'Glassman'.
The body shop tidied the scuttle up and then Paul returned to reinstall the windscreen- it's rock solid now.
While they had the car I also had the chassis legs looked at.
The rust was not as bad on the car as I expected but I'm still glad the jobs are done with.......

IMG_0581_zpsfnomv2ur.jpg

IMG_0578_zpsdq8rpksa.jpg

Good job there :thumb:

I recently went through the same pain - but I now have that warm fuzzy feeling when I look at the car and know that it's all sorted :cloud9:

Yes- you do feel better knowing it's sorted........

After rain I could run my finger along the bottom corner of windscreen outer seal and water would push out where it had gathered- it's all completely water tight now.....

New plate and a Blaupunkt Helsinki (old RTM 127, not the current model).

Delivered my 993 to the bodyshop for the new screen. From first look by removing the front and rear seals is that all looks good and sound so fingers crossed nothing drastic going on.

Whilst there we discussed other options one of which is adding on the third brake light roof spoiler. I wondered if any views as to whether best left standard for a 95 993 or having that done whilst there and they are armed with a spray gun!! Also any views on keeping indicators red or amber. Maybe not the right forum location but just thought I would ask for any opinions?

Mike

^^^^ Do it :thumb: It makes all the difference, plus it's a safety feature given the fact the brake lights are so low on these cars. I fitted the high level brake light/spoiler to my 964 and so far I've not been tarred and feathered :what:

Mike:) said:
Whilst there we discussed other options one of which is adding on the third brake light roof spoiler. I wondered if any views as to whether best left standard for a 95 993 or having that done whilst there and they are armed with a spray gun!! Also any views on keeping indicators red or amber. Maybe not the right forum location but just thought I would ask for any opinions?

Mike

+ 1 on the 3rd brake light - and get the ToreB upgrade :thumb:

I would say go for the rear ambers - and I will even take the 'reds' off your hands :whistle:
In fact - do you wanna' swap?

Hi

Thanks for recommendations. I will do the third brake light as I agree the visibility isn't that good with the lights low down plus it does look good and finishes off the roof line. Its a good opportunity to do it but not cheap. Not sure what the ToreB upgrade is but will check it out.

Re the lights having re read my note I should have said go from Ambers to Red as that is what I have at the moment so thank you Andy for the offer to swap but will stick with the Ambers for the time being. Once I have been to Beaulieu with all the 993's I may have my mind changed!! Again!!

Mike

24k Mile service incl. plugs and new plug leads fitted. MOT etc.

Just waiting to collect tomorrow and then get on with fitting various other goodies I have bought over the last year, but haven't got round to fitting.

Booked in with Chris Franklin Center Gravity Tamwoth for suspenstion re-fresh, can't wait for this to happen soon enough.. new headlights fitted last week ..3 weeks ago full major service with Porformance Porsche Brighouse..2 weeks ago full Audio upgrade.. new personal reg plate .. new fog lights to fit with front spliter.. i really need pulling back in now as the funds are running low and the mrs is getting suspicious :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back