Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone changing for a beemer?

Nearly bought a 2016 M5 last week but decided against it as after a long test drive found it a bit too big and heavy.

Also after the 997.2 turbo the performance felt underwhelming.

Now thinking of an M4 competition pack of a new Golf R with a 400bhp REVO map.[/quote]

I was like that when I first got mine, took a few weeks to jell with it. Now it doesn't feel boat size big, it feels big but chuckable.
Was advised I had to get the Competition Model, not huge difference in Hp.
But apparently lots of other changes..

When talking about build quality/reliability, lets not forget those of us who spent very good money to drive an M96/97 996/997 and whose engines let us down, regular replacements of poorly protected coil packs & tandem pumps, our fragile cabin air vents packed in, our air con condensers failed prematurely etc. Failure to "lacquer" the engine bay is a minor issue.

GARY S said:
When talking about build quality/reliability, lets not forget those of us who spent very good money to drive an M96/97 996/997 and whose engines let us down, regular replacements of poorly protected coil packs & tandem pumps, our fragile cabin air vents packed in, our air con condensers failed prematurely etc. Failure to "lacquer" the engine bay is a minor issue.

Agree 100% with this! I love my 911 but build quality of many parts is below what you would expect from a Porsche! My 11 year old CLK with 120k on the clock has only needed an intercooler hose in the 6 years I've had it. Yes it's a very different car but not one rattle and the interior is the same as the day I had it with only 30k on the clock!

The M3 is a great car :thumb:

I have two M3's :thumb: e46 track car and e92 daily.

The F80 saloon comp pack i test drove was a stunner, very easy to live with i would have thought, fast enough...lots to like. Except the depreciation..

I ended buying a lowish miles e92 which has already done most of its dough but has loads of life in it yet. Build quality is nice, cant really fault it. Its comfortable enough for mega miles and i just had to have a 8k redline Nasp V8 in my life for a little while at least. Fuel economy be damned!

Mr Fett, that dakar cab is a stunner :thumb: im not a cabriolet fan personally but thats a looker.

Attachments

• img_2884_828.jpg
    img_2884_828.jpg
    757.2 KB · Views: 5,699
  • img_2434_949.jpg
    img_2434_949.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 5,699
alan Laing said:
But should add, I could never not have a 911 in the garage.

Yes. That would be hard to do.

I do like BMWs, I have had a couple of 5 series and am now on my third 3 series. All E39, E36 or E46. Currently just got the one. Not a great photo.

I wouldn't have one instead of a 911, they are different but I love the engines, the S54 is just fantastic.

MC

MisterCorn said:
I do like BMWs, I have had a couple of 5 series and am now on my third 3 series. All E39, E36 or E46. Currently just got the one. Not a great photo.

I wouldn't have one instead of a 911, they are different but I love the engines, the S54 is just fantastic.

MC

If you are going to have just one, thats a nice one. :thumb:

I wouldn't choose a BMW over a 911 but I keep looking at M3 CS manuals .

I found a lowish mileage one yesterday but I live in the middle of nowhere and occasionally we get bad weather and cant justify another rwd car.

I also spotted a black 900 16v s turbo that I really liked as a cheapo classic .

Boba fett said:
I love my Dakar V8, I am a big fan of the M3 !!

that is perfect :thumbs:

I used to have a Dakar E46 M3 Convertible.

I've not see this colour on the V8 convertible before - just the coupe

8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back