Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPC Racing DSC module ...

mangobay said:
Just fitted mine, and back from an hour's B-road test drive. Love it, totally transforms Sport mode on the PASM. Not only makes it useable but actually compliant, feels much more planted etc. I didnt spent too long in Normal mode but when i did use it (on more pitted road surfaces) ride felt really nice, solid and comfortable. I think I am going to like it...
good to hear - I don't recommend or fit things that don't deliver.

Ken

To those that have fitted theirs, do I need tools to remove the trim etc to access the module? Only asking as my car is in storage at the mo and want to make sure I take the correct tools (if any) with me. Thanks.

Hi Martian. I didn't need any tools just a bit if bare knuckle hand squeezing, and I did wish I took a cushion for the floor....

Fitted mine yesterday, I removed the trim just below the glovebox which is fitted with 5 or 6 plastic screws and makes seeing the module and refitting it much easier on my gen2.

First thing I noticed is that when I select sport, it no longer automatically selects the suspension as well, I have to toggle that on/off manually. I guess SPORT it is still doing its thing re the gearbox and PSM but leaving the suspension out of it.

I do have a question if anyone knows, tha is what happens with the SPORT PLUS, I was under the impression that it tightens the gearbox further, reduces PSM intervention further and stiffened the suspension further but what about now with the DSC fitted?

Driving impressions were great, it started raining just as I took it for a quick run so didn't try the sport setting much other than to feel it tighten up but I did a run along some bumpy A/B roads round here in the standard setting and the car is much more composed, seems to absorb the bumps and ruts much better so tracks better. The less dive under braking is also immediately appreciated. Looking forward to a track day now to try it under a little more speed.

Finally got around to fitting mine today. As already mentioned, remove the 5 plastic trim screws from the 'spongy' trim below the glovebox and you'll see the PASM unit near the left hand side. The original PASM module is in a plastic bracket that can either be unclipped or removed with it in situ. Mine came out with the bracket, the new module fits in and goes back easily.

I didn't drive the car today, hopefully tomorrow and will report back with my findings.

I'm pleased that you guys are happy with the units.

If you want me to arrange any other group buys on other performance products let me know :thumb:

Bikeracer1098 said:

If you want me to arrange any other group buys on other performance products let me know :thumb:

Hi Richard. Thanks again for organising a cracking deal on the group buy. I fitted my unit today, which turned out to be pretty straightforward. Initial impressions seem good, although to be fair I haven't yet tried it in anger!

I must also add that it was a pleasure to deal with Ken and the service he provided was impeccable. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend 9e to anyone wishing to use them. :worship:

Cheers Paul

Bikeracer1098 said:

Did you buy a TPC module yourself? If so what's it like or are you still rummaging around the back of your sofa for that fiver ?! :grin: :mrgreen: :floor: :hand: :D :wink:

rhino-man said:
I do have a question if anyone knows, tha is what happens with the SPORT PLUS, I was under the impression that it tightens the gearbox further, reduces PSM intervention further and stiffened the suspension further but what about now with the DSC fitted?

No change to PASM settings over SPORT with or without DSC module.

You have probably noticed that selecting SPORT PLUS does activate SPORT setting on PASM with DSC.

Early DSC boxes had 3 modes - Normal, Sport and Track as they were called. Latter two were close enough that DSC's work and fine tuning showed them unnecessarily duplicative. Also the 3-mode box didn't 'talk' to the PASM dash mode.

Drove my car for ~300 miles with the DSC module fitted yesterday. Noticed a more comfortable/compliant ride on the straight ahead and flatter cornering than standard. A little less nose dive under braking and squat under acceleration. Only tried sport for a short while, it appears useable on the road whereas the standard PASM would keep your chiropractor in business!

A worthy and more modern upgrade to the PASM.

Desert Dragon said:
Bikeracer1098 said:

Did you buy a TPC module yourself? If so what's it like or are you still rummaging around the back of your sofa for that fiver ?! :grin: :mrgreen: :floor: :hand: :D :wink:

Yes, that's the problem with living in a large mansion, too many large sofas in too many rooms to check, haven't found it yet, must be somewhere 😂😂😂

I also better go and check under the seats of my new 991 turbo S cab, 991.GT3 and also the GT2 RS along with the old 997.1 turbo 😂😂😂

By the way, 80ish post in 5 days, your young wife must be extremely bored and frustrated.

Maybe the blue pills will do the trick 👍

Are you now going to step out of the closet and reveal you true identity 😜

Bikeracer1098 said:
Desert Dragon said:
Bikeracer1098 said:

Yes, that's the problem with living in a large mansion, too many large sofas in too many rooms to check, haven't found it yet, must be somewhere 😂😂😂

I also better go and check under the seats of my new 991 turbo S cab, 991.GT3 and also the GT2 RS along with the old 997.1 turbo 😂😂😂

By the way, 80ish post in 5 days, your young wife must be extremely bored and frustrated.

Maybe the blue pills will do the trick 👍

Are you now going to step out of the closet and reveal you true identity 😜

One of the beautiful things about working hard and then retiring in your mid 30s is that you get to spend 2 hours in the gym everyday. No blue pills required or would you like a demonstration here too :)

Still no apology and being a klutz with Aaron the Baron again! When will you girls learn.

Dick, you know me well - Bruce Wayne at your service bien sur ;)

Time for both of us to move on so think l'll take the first step or this is going to be an even harder lesson for you girls. Still no TPC module?! Perhaps get a metal detector and start treasure hunting on your 400 acres lol

Manners maketh the man

:bye:

Attachments

• img_3416_125.jpg
    img_3416_125.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5,243

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno