Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Super Andy and certainly the way to go, are those big reds you have or just red calipers?, they look in lovely condition, are those wheels off the early Boxster?.

I'm, thinking of going Brembo myself, used Pagid on my previous 993 with no issues.

Trev

New, as in from Porsche new, spoiler gearbox (tried the repair twice in 4 years), 'fuzzy' sunroof seals as mine look not so furry and microswith for the passenger door to try and solve the intermittent clicking noise and random interior light display.

Have done the easy bit and installed the spoiler gearbox - now to get my fingers sticky......

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Super Andy and certainly the way to go, are those big reds you have or just red calipers?, they look in lovely condition, are those wheels off the early Boxster?.

I'm, thinking of going Brembo myself, used Pagid on my previous 993 with no issues.

Trev

Hi Trev,
Calipers are just painted red. Wheels are a 996 option I believe?
996.362.124.02 [Fronts – 7J X 17"³ (ET 50) – 205/50 X 17"³] – 8.2 Kg
996.362.128.02 [Rears – 9J X 17"³ (ET 55) – 255/40 X 17"³] – 9.5 Kg
They are about the lightest 17" wheel apparently....

RUF strut brace.

:D

I purchased a widget, or what is also known as a wiper buffer.
I love my 993 but knew deep down in my soul that until I had a wiper
buffer the car was not complete.
It cost £6.24 delivered from my local OPC.
Below is a photo of the widget -I have placed it next to a 1 pence coin as a scale......which is ironic because the item is actually worth about 1 pence in raw materials rather than the £6+ it cost.

MOT. Pass. :thumbs:

New rear reflector at good price thanks to fellow 911uk-ers. Arrived today.

Integrated Alarm (Cobra) and Tracker (MetaTrak) replacing the H&P system. The two system fully co-operate, so if the alarm activates everyone within a ten mile radius gets deafened, it immobilises and I get a phone call from their Security team and the App on my phone tells me where it is. If I report it stolen they guide the Police to the car, not me.

Dual circuit, immobilises ignition and fuel pump. Triggers on new sensors inside the car (in original position, so looks the same) and on opening of either door, window, engine lid or bonnet.

Clicker works from a decent range, unlike old system. Hated the old system, love this one.

011_zpsvjrheqkj.jpg

010_zps672oll8u.jpg

Might need a bit of fettling :?:

New Windscreen ordered today and associated seals. Booked into body shop next week to remove, refit and sort out any deterioration under and around screen.

Also ordered are door handle gaskets. scuttle to wing seal, rear window outer seal and antenna booster.

Mike

Trev
The screen I have ordered from Porsche Portsmouth. Approx £730.00 plus the inner and outer seals which are about another £100.00 for the pair.

I am just trying to work out how the rear view mirror comes off, it appears that the screen comes bonded with a mounting point so hopefully that is a simple swap over job.

I chose to do the antenna cable and booster because my radio reception is rubbish and it seems a logical point to make sure it is all connected correctly at the time the screen is out.

Mike

Attachments

• 993_screen_204.jpg
    993_screen_204.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 3,813
The screens can be tricky - a few of us have had bad experience with bodged fitting and although I have personally have successfully installed screens in other cars wouldn't attempt the 993 - the squeak could drive you mad!

The front screen surround is also a favourite point for corrosion - do a search on here and google Glassman for the pro's and cons.

Hope all goes well with the install.......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back