Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ride Height with PSS10's

stanuk964996

Hi all, I have recently had PSS10's fitted to my 964 with Rennline adjustable top mounts. However, I am struggling to get the ride height I want and with the adjustment wound down to its lowest point it seems my ride height is now higher than it was previously on Bilstein HD's and Eibach springs.

It is purely an aesthetic thing - as I am happy with the way the car is driving, but for some reason I have plenty of adjustment to lower the car at the rear but at the front I am on the limit of adjustment.

My garage is recommending replacing the springs with a shorter spring and others I have spoken to say they have removed the tender/helper springs from the front to get the adjustment/height they wanted.

Has anyone else running this setup run into similar issues? If so how did you overcome the 'issue'?? Thanks.

Attachments

• img_1699_122.jpg
    img_1699_122.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 5,892
what is the ride height and how did you measure it?

I haven't measured it to see exactly what it is and Bilstein don't provide any figures to say what I should be achieving...

I am going off photos and other cars...! But I know my car and it is sitting higher than with my old setup and other 964's I know of. I know one guy with a 964 removed the helper springs to get the ride height he wanted on PSS10's, others tend to be running different setups so I can't compare.

Front Ride Height Specification (mm)

Model ROW
---------------------------------------
C2/C4 165
RS 125

Rear Ride Height Specification (mm)
Model ROW
---------------------------------------
C2/C4 258
RS 218

PSS10 gives 20-40mm lower than standard which is bang on RS figures. You dont want to go quite that low if you want to avoid bump steer.

I had PSS10s fitted on my C4 - set to RS plus 10mm. Looked spot on and drove beautifully.

I've got PSS10s on mine as well.

Yours looks like you've gone for the 'slammed aesthetic look' as opposed to the 'handling perfectly' geometric.

Mine was set up by C of G and handles a dream, as anyone who was following me down quite a few Swiss Alpine passes or around Spa can testify.

I've got PSS10s on mine as well.

Yours looks like you've gone for the 'slammed aesthetic look' as opposed to the 'handling perfectly' geometric.

Mine was set up by C of G and handles a dream, as anyone who was following me down quite a few Swiss Alpine passes or around Spa can testify.

The chap who bought my old 964 has gone for the slammed look and fitted an air suspension together with 18" wheels. If you like I can put you in touch with him to compare notes. In case you decide to go on that route I'd be interested in your PSS10 & also have a set of 18" MY02 wheels which I'd be happy to swap with your cups.

You dont need air to get these things low, although some see it as practical. I presume you just want RS ride height?

If you want to get lower then look to change the springs or swop out the coilovers some some that give more adjustment.

Im sitting lower than most would like on H&R street performance coilovers. I still have a hell of a lot of adjustment left.

Chris

Attachments

• 12829174_465011910360578_1347895524257259481_o_101.jpg
    12829174_465011910360578_1347895524257259481_o_101.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 5,374

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back