Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 981 owner

Ive just swopped my 996 for a 981.
Massive step forward in terms of driving and technology.
I do miss my 911's looks though!!!

I have to say I felt the move would be at best a side step. I just got sick of having a very expensive garage ornament as the 997 was not really practical as an everyday car and if i'm honest I needed the cash back.

As it is i'm over the moon. Yes i'd have loved to have the extra push of the 3.4 but for the money i couldn't find one with the right sort of mileage on. But in terms of driving, and even the looks, it just ticks every box. I literally can't wait to use it and grudgingly take the other two cars we have to work just to keep the mileage sensible.(i do also have to take the freelander to the odd customer as the 981 would not be appropriate).

My only worry if i am honest is in a couple of years time what it may be worth and will i be able to bridge the gap to another one. Running costs have seemed to drop out of my line of sight as i'm getting high 30's mpg and other than tyres and service it just seems less fragile(this will be my famous last words)

I can't see the alure of the 981 diminishing any time soon.
Excellent handling
Looks good
Sounds good
Comfortable
Solid
And that all important never to be repeated flat six normally aspirated engine.

It's got future classic status assured :thumb:

Ok it's not a 993, but it can't be everything :grin:

Cayman S

Sold my 993turbo for a cayman S 3.4 2009 a moth ago and im very happy with the way the drives and handles..Enjoy I no its not a 911 but its got its own name.. :D

What's not to like, more for less is a rare option :bandit:

okay many months and quite a few thousand miles past. I still think it's a great car. Handling is excellent. BUT I think i'm going to have to go back to a 911. I just miss the power more than i thought. The 2.7 is great when you rag it but honestly to drive like that a lot is exhausting. I know i'll be back in the bore scoring, dated dash and 'my god it's old' PCM 2 but I just can't stretch to a 3.4

new owner

Hi guys just an up date moved to a cayman R now Red and black wheels,i must say I liked the S but the R is great,manual box which I wanted... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back